Where are good places to order rhizomes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t-bear

Reaction score
I'm from the new york city area and i was going to try and grow some hops this year....i was wondering where you guys get your rhizomes from, i was thinking i would order online just because it will be easier, but if i have time i might take a ride to brooklyn homebrew because i know they sell them. If you have any suggestions for online shops that you've had good results with let me know...and i guess if you've had bad results so i know what to avoid. thankss

Try HighHops.net....they have a great selection and the people are brewers themselves...very knowledgable and friendly.

I bought mine from freshops I think. They have a pretty good set of how-tos on the site as well.

If you want Cascade, I have a bag with 8 rhizomes with your name on it.

I got the last 3 I ordered from Thyme Garden in Oregon. Cascade, Northern Brewer, and Hallertau. All of them are now around 3 inches with multiple shoots coming up. Which isn't bad considering I planted them 2 weeks ago.

beerloaf

Back