Solo AG night: Dumb Yank Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe C

Reaction score
Well, I decided that with work stressing me out and the monsterator just screwing up my life, I decided it was a night to ENJOY beer and brewing, so I took an odd artistic leap with BM's cream of three crops, and ended up with this:

12lbs Maris Otter
4lbs flaked corn
1lb minute rice

2oz NB@60
1oz crystal@10.

Just a couple of pictures of the burners do what they do best - BEAST

Foreground is the KAB6, the background is the old turkey fryer from god knows where. Still helps a LOT!
Picture5245.jpg

One more for now...:
Picture5246.jpg

when you get so pissed off about a project, many times you forget about the fun that is involved. I'm currently doing that. BACK TO THE BOIL!

Dumb yank ale needs to be brewed full force with fires a blazin' and gas a wastin'. I prost ths thread.

Dumb yank ale needs to be brewed full force with fires a blazin' and gas a wastin'. I prost ths thread.

Well said & fully appreciated! This said by a true son of the south, I prost the also!

Schlante,
Phillip

Holy Jet Blast batman, how long does a bottle of propane last...15 minutes?
This just made me laugh out loud at work :) Fecking awesome.

I had the same first thought: Joe flipped over an F-16 engine to brew on. Either that or the keg is part of the Apollo program :)

-Joe

I just picked up that exact same burner after seeing this post, simply the gnarliest thing ever! It was taking me nearly an hour to bring 8 gallons to a boil with my old turkey fryer, I used this one for the first time last week and it took 15 minutes to a rolling boil. Those sweet blue flames are something else, and its not terrible on gas.

Good to see you brewing again man, ever since I learned to just relax and got my process dialed in, brewing is a great way to relax after work.

I just picked up that exact same burner after seeing this post, simply the gnarliest thing ever! It was taking me nearly an hour to bring 8 gallons to a boil with my old turkey fryer, I used this one for the first time last week and it took 15 minutes to a rolling boil. Those sweet blue flames are something else, and its not terrible on gas.

Good to see you brewing again man, ever since I learned to just relax and got my process dialed in, brewing is a great way to relax after work.
That's awesome to hear. I love the damn burner - it's 100% worth the money.

Heh, I have this burner but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Maybe next week I'll get a chance to fire it up. Supposedly it's 55,000 BTU. I would think that'd be plenty... ;)

Back