F*ck Gustav

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuckferrorists

Reaction score
I'm writing from a connection tethered from my cell phone on a charged from my laptop. I think 90 percent or of us are out of power in Baton Rouge, and we are told to expect power in about 3-4 weeks. WEEKS! We got tore up over here, and I don't know what the national media is talking about, but it is not pretty over here. The CEO of Entergy (our electric company) said in a press conference yesterday that the power situation is worse than Katrina. My house in Gonzales in Ascension parish is said to expect power in 4-5 weeks. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Wow. That's pretty heavy. Sorry to hear about your troubles and I hope it's a lot less than 5 weeks before your power is back. :(

I'm in the same boat. I don't have power at home. I am posting from work. I live in the garden district and things are pretty bad in that part of town. My girlfriend's roof caved in and so we've been salvaging what we can all week. That and chopping up trees. Hopefully I'll have power sometime next week because it is HOT! Homebrew doesn't taste as good when it's 90+ degrees.

Back