Guitar players musicians need to watch this

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pugilist

Reaction score
I stumbled across these popular guitarists "shredding" videos on youtube and find them hilarious! I think people who play guitar can truly appreciate how funny these are.

This one is Steve Vai, but the guy who posted it did alot of other guitarists.

Last edited by a moderator:
lmfao... At first I didn't know wtf was going on. Then I finally realized that what Vai should have been playing and what I was hearing were two totally different things.

Vai is a great guitarist, but it's kinda creepy to see a guy that old with that much makeup on.

I just watched some of the other ones. The Clapton and EVH videos are even better.

ohiobrewtus said:
I just watched some of the other ones. The Clapton and EVH videos are even better.

I agree. Although I don't like loud and fast guitarists, EVH was amazing...

I dont know how to post the video but here is the link! One Word ERUPTION!!

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ULEBSxP725w[/ame]

Lots of guys can do speed on an electric. Not many can do this:

[youtube]uNw9YaXemlM[/youtube]

[youtube]Ddn4MGaS3N4[/youtube]

ohiobrewtus said:
Lots of guys can do speed on an electric.

EVH dominated the acoustic as well. See "Spanish Fly"...

edit - here is someone playing Spanish Fly exactly the way EVH wrote and recorded it...

[youtube]0GjQlALrtjg[/youtube]

ohiobrewtus said:
Lots of guys can do speed on an electric. Not many can do this:

[youtube]uNw9YaXemlM[/youtube]

[youtube]Ddn4MGaS3N4[/youtube]

Wow thats amazing I liked the second guy a little better but man I wish I could play like that.

In my younger days I used to say I'd give my right arm to have the ability to play like EVH . . . but wouldn't that suck.

(All that talent, no right arm.)

Rick

These "spoof" videos are tedious to me. I "get it," but 5 minutes of play-acting and well-played bad guitar (oxymoron?) kinda wears on me. Not my kind of humor, I guess.

I've been enjoying some sweet solos, though, by watching the original videos, usually found in the "Related Videos" section of the spoof.

Just watched the Santana, almost fell outta my chair. Call me simple, but these kill me! :rockin:

Found this one day looking for different versions of Little Wing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yuri_Rage said:
These "spoof" videos are tedious to me. I "get it," but 5 minutes of play-acting and well-played bad guitar (oxymoron?) kinda wears on me. Not my kind of humor, I guess.

I've been enjoying some sweet solos, though, by watching the original videos, usually found in the "Related Videos" section of the spoof.

It's kinda funny thinking about Steve Vai searching for videos of himself on Youtube, coming across this, and getting REALLY pissed off. Isn't he the guy who was the president of his own fan club (or was that apocryphal?)

What about this kid?

[YOUTUBE]ATub40Npxik[/YOUTUBE]

Same kid

[youtube]vom0qNmzFSs[/youtube]

(edit:fixed videos)

Back