Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wolf & Herders Brewery.
I have a Wolf and my fiance has 2 herdering dogs (blue heeler and a border collie), and I love puppies.

Edit: I'd love some help on label design, with people that actually know how to use photoshop. PM me, please!

Boidsnest - my family name is Boyd, my dad is an avian veterinarian... Plus it lends itself to slogans - "nothing sadder than an empty Nest", "they always return to the nest", etc.

Don't have a label per se yet - my family coat of arms is a red and white checkerboard on a blue shield, so I use address labels with a blue stripe top and bottom and the beer name printed over the checkerboard (usually I'll put a stripe approximately the color of the beer behind the text, too.)

I'd *like* to do an oval label with a nest motif and an icon of the featured ingredient in the middle of the "nest", with the red-white-blue as a neck ring. But that's a project for when I have a lot more disposable income. Like after the kids are off to college. :)

Changed mine from Kynge Brewing Co (people couldn't pronounce it king with a king card as a logo, pic below) to King's Court Brewing Co

image-337711083.jpg

My brewery is called Psych Doc Brewery. Simply explained by the fact that am a Psychiatrist. I have been brewing for about 2 years now. My in-laws got me my first kit. I did one extract batch, one partial mash, and then went all grain and have not looked back. I name my beers with witty psychiatric themed names.

image-2139768703.jpg

as i posted earlier i changed my brewery name

well for my birthday my wife had her brother in law finish up my rough design and she got me a mug with it on it and here is one of the logos

7BUEg.jpg

I've been brewing under "Dresher Draftwerks". Dresher is the town I live in and alliteration's always awesome (albeit abused) after all. It kind of feels like a placeholder, though. I keep hoping I'll discover my "one, true brew name", maybe in a vision after a having few (too many?).

MIDNIGHT BREWING - The only time I can rely on 6 hours straight undisturbed starts in the witching hours.......yea that means I've been cleaning kettles as the sun comes up on many occasions, but the brews worth it!

Heron Blade Brewing

Inspired by my favourite series of books, the Wheel of Time.

I've drawn up a sketch of my logo, does anyone know of some (free) software I could use to draw this logo on my mac? I honestly dont even know where to start. If I was still using windows I'd probably start with MS paint!

My wife worked for a design firm that was relocating the Center For Disease Control in Atlanta and they had a room titled nude mice. They were mice with no fur used for lab testing. We played around with names using that model and came up with Nasty Rabbit.

Apostate Brewing - The name is a tongue-in-cheek joke between my me and my dad.

I was raised Mormon (that means no alcohol among other things) but gave up the religion as a teenager. My parents are both still active members and so when my dad found out that I was brewing beer he wasn't happy. I'm still trying to convince him that home brewing is legal, safe, and NOT the same as distilling. One day, about a year after I started home brewing, my dad asked me if I thought I'd ever go back to church. I replied that a lot of things within the church would have to change for me to consider it. He replied "like what?" I said "They are going to have to let me keep brewing and change their stance on beer for starters." To which he replied "Wow, you are an Apostate!"

Not one to pass on an opportunity, I decided to use my dad's passive aggressive dig for good. I think it has a nice ring to it! :D

Heron Blade Brewing

Inspired by my favourite series of books, the Wheel of Time.

I've drawn up a sketch of my logo, does anyone know of some (free) software I could use to draw this logo on my mac? I honestly dont even know where to start. If I was still using windows I'd probably start with MS paint!

I love it. My brewery is named "Dueling Herons Brewery", also a nod to WoT.
However, I added a southern flair to the logo, and the herons are banjo dueling.

foravatars.jpg

We brew under "Devil's Reef Brewing Company." The name is from the fiction of H.P. Lovecraft, an influential horror author from the 1920s. I have always been a big fan of his work, and the work it has inspired from other writers.

I haven't made any labels yet, but I did make a sign for the beer fridge.

If you like the fonts, they and many other great ones can be had at the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society. (http://www.cthulhulives.org/toybox/propdocs/propfonts.html)

beer-sign.jpg

Raging Bull, from a nickname I inherited from an incident in a biker bar years ago.

Thanks guys, just need to get the oval logo worked out and I'm sweet.
Got the idea for the name when making my beer dispenser....

image-2468124574.jpg

My buddy & i settled on R&R brewing - part for names of ryan & robby part for our very nonstress style of brewing and drdinking, just kick back & chill :) my wife teaches art and is refining our logo... Invision a breckenridge style with the back to back 'B's, our 'R's are same with second one upside down as well, kina looks shamrockish which fits too...

Heres my story. When my children were very young, me and the wife would have to sneak upstairs for some "alone time". When we came down one day, my daughter, who was 4 at the time, asked what we were doing, there was a lot of noise coming from up there. We said, "Oh the roof was broken, we were fixing it". So now we are Fix the Roof Brewery and Wines.

I've settled on Vice Farm as my brewery name. This year I grew hops and tobacco, but nothing else, despite planning on doing some veggies and herbs. Seemed like a fitting name for the garden/brew operations alike! Now to get working on a logo...

Well the weather has changed, and thus, so has my brewery name. I think I am settled on this one though. Since the beginning I wanted something that represented home (northern Arizona), and decided on Táscate Brewing Company. Táscate is a native american (I believe apache (southern athabaskan)) name for the alligator juniper, the thing I miss about the landscape of my former home. Plus it is probably the best tree ever. just sayin.

TBC LOGO.jpg

Funk Factory. Because its my last name, and I pretty much only do lambics. Also, My cousin's named their film production company "Funk Factory Films". I can just steal/modify all the logos. Its kind of a family brand now. ;)

I want to do a grape lambic this summer. Name of it is "The Fox and the Grapes". Here is a mock label:
BS3pq.jpg

River Rat Brewing because I live where the Upper Iowa river dumps into the Mississippi river.

The_Rat_3.jpg

web_02.jpg

Back