Saturday, Oct 13

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not so much of a gathering as it is a RFP for a gathering.

I have a free travel weekend and I'm considering a GABF appearance, however, I'm not opposed to coming to a brewout.

So. I'm a free agent with the ability to be in almost any city inthe lower 48.

You guys need an assistant brewer or hanger on on Saturday Oct 13?

If ya feel like seeing the beautiful city of Carrollton (just north of Dallas) gimmie a yell. Could be a good excuse for another double brew day!

Drunkensatyr said:
If ya feel like seeing the beautiful city of Carrollton (just north of Dallas) gimmie a yell. Could be a good excuse for another double brew day!

I'm going to have to balance this with the fact that I'll have to pile in that small ass tram at the airport. :D

olllllo said:
That sound's cool. Plus, If I know you're running, I also know you'll be "awake" enough to brew. ;)

I'll never live down that hangover, will I? :(

C'mon out to Austin and join me for my neighborhood brew fest. It's our own Oktoberfest. The most important table will look like this.

BCWBrewfest1.jpg

EdWort said:
C'mon out to Austin and join me for my neighborhood brew fest. It's our own Oktoberfest. The most important table will look like this.

BCWBrewfest1.jpg

Its all so tempting.... however when I make it out to Austin (and I will), it's you, me, beers, a smoker and a Boston Butt.

olllllo said:
Its all so tempting.... however when I make it out to Austin (and I will), it's you, me, beers, a smoker and a Boston Butt.

That's what we're serving at our Oktoberfest. Beer, pulled pork & brats.

the_bird said:
If it was the weekend prior, I'd suggest Yankee Ingenuity IV. We *might* be able to postpone a week if you'd come visit.

Keep the schedule that works for you. I know that you guys get together on a regular basis, so it'll happen someday.

Unfortunately, due to some unforseen circumstances, I won't know for awhile if his is going to happen. This was all predicated on my wife going somewhere with her sisters and the dog. Getting 3 women to agree (now that they know I NEED them to commit), is presenting itself as a problem.

Thanks for all the offers. It shows what a cool place this is to hang your online hat. I'll post again when the sisters make up their minds.

Acting in the best interests of beer, I've decided to go to the GABF.

In order to attend GRABASS or Yankee Inginuity, I'd really want to take off a minimum of 1 day or day and a half for travel. I don't have that banked yet.
My wife does on ocassion travel to NC, so I might try to pair it with that. One of these trips looks more likely in FEB and/or APR.

Austin/Dallas was more in the travel plans. I should be able to work in a short weekend trip.

GABF comes but once a year and I can get there pretty easily.

Thanks for the offers guys.

I really regret not being able to do the run with Mr and Mrs Boston, that'd be fun.

Next time one of these opportunities presents itself, keep up New England folks in mind. It's a bit of a shame, if you're ever going to visit NE, early October really is the best time.

the_bird said:
Next time one of these opportunities presents itself, keep up New England folks in mind. It's a bit of a shame, if you're ever going to visit NE, early October really is the best time.

It's a date. Do what you can to dig up Kai. Where's he been?

BTW: Phoenix in OCT aint half bad. I have a Halloween party on the 27th, so consider the offer reciprocated.

Plus I'm sure the DBacks will have vanquished the Cubs and playing deep into OCT. I'm minutes from Chase.

olllllo said:
It's a date. Do what you can to dig up Kai. Where's he been?

Working a lot, it sounds like. He sent me an invite to his Oktoberfest (Kai, throwing an Oktoberfest - *of course* he does), but unfortunately it's on the same day at Yankee Ingenuity (so pushing back a week would not have made me cry ;)). I'm hoping to hook up with him again sometime this fall and brew, although it sounds like most of his brewing is done mid-week now.

If anyone could teach me how to make an authentic dopplebock, it's that man... damn, he knows how to brew!

Have fun at the GABF!SWMBO and I will be hosting our 2nd Annual Homebrew Oktoberfest in Craig,Alaska on the 13th.All HBT'ers are cordially invited.Got loads of good homebrew to dispense including 2 different Marzens(brewed in Jan.),an original Octoberfest recipe brewed in June(haven't even tasted it!waiting til then)and assorted other brews in kegs and bottles.Can hardly wait,it's gonna be fun.Last year we held it late in October in our then unheated garage and it turned out to be the coldest night of the season so far,25 degrees.Still,a good time was had.We put a woodstove in since so all should be warm.
Cheers:mug:

Back