First screwed up batch!!! but wait....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vcreations

Reaction score
Well i really wanted to brew a honey blonde ale, but maybe i was a bit to ambitious and didn't do math right on the grain bill, but ended up with something closer to a Pale ale. I didn't let the grains soak enough so i didn't get the right amount of starch conversion, so my O.G. was alot lower than i thought. And to top it all off i took forever to cool cause i ran out of ice really fast!! Oh and did i mention that i pitched the yeast at about 80f because i just got tired of trying to cool the damn thing down!!

I know your thinking that i should have of thrown this out, but i'm low on money and don't like to waste so i let it sit for 8 days in the primary and to my surprise i had a better F.G. than i had figured (i checked it three times thinking it wasn't right). taste wise it wasn't to bad, but i wanted more alcohol :drunk: so i added a pound of corn sugar for ****s and giggles! oh and why not dry hop half an ounce of Warrior Hops. Been sittin for three days now and i'm actually quite anxious to try this "frankenbeer." Oh the joys of screwing up, lol!!!

right after the boil my OG was 1.035 (i was shooting for 1.050). After the 8 days in primary, it was down to 1.008.

I dry hopped in my secondary after the fermentation slowed down after adding the sugar, so there isn't much fermentation goin on now. I've done this before and have gotten some good beers from it, so i just figure why the hell not, its still gonna be BEER!!

UPDATE--- So after putting this in the keg and carbing it, i couldn't wait any longer to see how it tastes!! I must say i was quite surprised with it. There is very little body (almost kinda a watery taste) but that is probably because there was little starch conversion during the soak of the grains. There is some sweetness from the corn sugar and a great hop flavor and aroma (thanks in part to the dry hopping). Overall it is drinkable and will be a perfect beer to have cold while i'm moving this week!! hey i can pawn it off on my friends who help me move!! everyone enjoys free beer!!!

Back