Better way to prime beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatsus02

Reaction score
I take the time to bottle my beer, not keg. when i prime my batch i get my sugar solution in a pitcher and rack some beer into the pitcher and pout it back into the carboy, then rack a pitcher and pour, about four times getting beer from bottom and pouring on top. it take a little extra but has worked thus far. Is there an easier way?? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 to Hammy.

If you set up the siphon tube into the bottling bucket just right, the beer will mix the priming solution itself by the swirling motion of the beer, so you won't even need to bring a spoon into the mix.

:mug:

I boil 2 cups of water for a few mins, the pour in my sugar and stir it around. I let that cool for a few mins then dump it in my bottling bucket, I then rack my beer on top of it and that mixes it very well. Then bottle. I have never had an under carbonated beer. I dunno if my procedure is in danger of oxidating my beer or not though, I don't splash or have any violent churning going on so should be ok.

Yeah I basically make a simple syrup and rack on top of it. But even when I forget and I add the syrup later, if you just wait 15-20 minutes before bottling it will be evenly distributed thanks to our friend Mr. Brown.

I just used the Cooper's drops for the first time. I Igot sick of over-carbing (my own operator error I'm sure). The first batch with the drops has so far turned out awesome. Each bottle is carbonated the same as the last. I know some people say they don't like them, but so far so good. And it made bottling a tad bit easier.

Back