Stone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffg

Reaction score
I *finally* found a local beer store that carries Stone beers. I grabbed a six of IPA and a bomber of Ruination and Arrogant Bastard. Drinking the IPA right now and it's damn good. You kids from the left coast are lucky.

They are! I piled my honda civic with 500 $ of Stone brews before i drove from Cali to Florida- i am almost done- and i have been being VERY stingy! Drinking a Double Bastrard now though...

I gotta tell you though, all that beer really killed my gas milage!

i just moved from San Marcos, CA....which is the home of Stone Brewing....they got a nice operation going.....love their IPA....:D

Has anyone been to their restuarant in Escondido? I went to the 10th Anniversary Stone beerfest, and heard all about their new restaurant opening at their brewery, but never got to visit when i was there in cali.... and at the beerfest they had Arrogant Bastard onion rings, and i didnt even try them- grrrrrrr.

I havn't been back to the brewery since the restaurant opened, but it's up and running. They always have a few other beers there you can't get anywhere else. They had the Oaked Arrogant Bastard there long before they started bottled it. I had some of their Smoked Porter that had Chipotle peppers in it, and some porter that was oaked.

Brewsmith said:
I havn't been back to the brewery since the restaurant opened, but it's up and running. They always have a few other beers there you can't get anywhere else. They had the Oaked Arrogant Bastard there long before they started bottled it. I had some of their Smoked Porter that had Chipotle peppers in it, and some porter that was oaked.

Now that right there... sounds good!!!
I love Stone!!!

David

They had a cask-conditioned IPA at a real ale event I went to this past spring it it was tremendous. Dry-hopped with chinook, which was a fairly bold move, but i thought it was great.

The resturant in killer! Onion rings are too good to be true, and the beer speaks for itself!

Ok, so a friend of mine gave me a 10th Anniversary IPA the other day.

I think it was pretty horrible. It was almost sickeningly cloyingly sweet, even with sweetness levels surpassing the Samichlaus I tried recently but it had less dimesion to the flavor (than the Samichlaus). I haven't had anything this sweet to date, so for comparison purposes this is all I can go by...and this was out of the fridge! The hops additions made it extremely on the citrus (grapefruit) side. If it wasn't for the sweetness I would have thought more of it. Color, aroma and appearance in general were good. I have no idea what he spent on it, but I would imagine for the money he could have gotten something similar. The one malt characteristic that did come through was the caramel. I found it close to being undrinkeable. I have heard good things about Stone, but this being my first experience with them it wasn't good imo. Perhaps I should try some of their other stuff instead, any suggestions?

zoebisch01 said:
I have heard good things about Stone, but this being my first experience with them it wasn't good imo. Perhaps I should try some of their other stuff instead, any suggestions?
Arrogant Bastard.

I like the Arrogant Bastard and the Ruination. We don't get a whole lot more than that here in Jersey but man are they both good! :rockin:

I had the Ruination IPA the other day and loved it. I like it better than Arrogant Bastard.

aduncan75 said:
I like the Arrogant Bastard and the Ruination. We don't get a whole lot more than that here in Jersey but man are they both good! :rockin:

If you are anywhere near lambertville, head into PA on 202 and try the Candlewyck...IIRC they have a few others on hand including the oaked AB.

Ruination is great and so is the AB. I haven't been able to find the double bastard however and I've really been wanting to try that one. Stone is in my top 5 breweries for sure. Lucky to have access to much of their selection!:mug:

All we can get in Texas is Arrogant Bastard and the IPA. I've been dreaming about trying a Ruination for a long time. I've heard great things about it.

I guess I am in the minority here. Stone beers seem a little one dimensional and very unbalanced to me.

I do enjoy an AB every now and then but this is rare. Although thier pale ale is a fine brew.

Back