can this be fixed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eelpout

Reaction score
have a leak right here.
reg.jpg

can this be fixed with rebuild or nah?

thanks.

The only problem with a rebuild kit, is you have to rebuild it yourself. Either the diaphram is damaged, or a bad origng in the regulator.

A replacement regulator is pretty cheap, and you can reuse your existing guages.

I rebuilt 2 of my regs it takes all of about 10 minutes and most of it was getting the face off the reg without damaging the body. Most times the diaphragm is dry rotten and cracked. I bought rebuilt kits from rabidswholesale IIRC they were about 3 bucks each

That should be a pressure relief hole, as in when you turn down the pressure, the co2 in the line will be released through that hole to allow the pressure to equalize, otherwise you'd have to bleed the line yourself.

If it is always releasing, i'd go with the rebuild kit.

Well I went and bought a new regulator.
So I decided to take the old one apart to see if there was a tear or something with the diaphram.
Unscrewed the big red cover and about a half cup of water came out of it.
Did not smell anything like old beer at all. so I'm wondering of it could have been condensation? that could do it?
I got everything back together, but have not tried out yet.

Latest posts

Back