GREAT.. lost Yeast...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trogdor447

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Everything was in my box from austin home brew... Somehow I have managed to lose the yeast packet. Looks like i'll have a trip to the nearest home brew store in the morning... 35 miles away :-/. I'll make sure to triple check next time that I have all the ingredients and not assume.

Is their a preferred dry yeast for this.. in case the LHB store doesnt have the liquids? http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_452_628&products_id=13520

My normal local shop is not open tomorrow and I dont want to push it to 48 hours before pitching yeast...

I am getting ready to brew a Guiness clone and that recipe calls for nottinghams, I would get an extra pack just as a safety in case you have this happen again or run across a bad batch of yeast in the future.

Yea that was running through my head as well - I'll get a few packs of different kinds of yeast.. I must have thrown it in the burn pit with the box - Dumb dumb!!! :) oh well ill leave it overnight and grab the yeast first thing in the AM :)

It should be fine if you sanitized well.

That is why I always have a couple of packs of dry yeast in the fridge.

Back