How big of an oops is this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well tonight I was bottling a stout that I had in the secondary for about 3 weeks. Everything was going pretty well, or so I thought, and had half my batch bottled when I realized oh yeah, I completely forgot to add the priming sugar. So I quickly made about a half batch of priming solution, cooled it, and added it to the remaining beer. My question is will the first half of the batch carbonate eventually, or will it forever be flat?

Thanks for any comments/suggestions.

brunswickbrewer said:
My question is will the first half of the batch carbonate eventually, or will it forever be flat?

Thanks for any comments/suggestions.
Unless the initial fermentation didn't complete, it will be pretty flat!

I'd consider popping the caps, carefully slipping in a Cooper's carb tab and re-capping.

Soulive said:
Use the flat stuff to cook with if you can't carb it. Like maybe Corned Beef in a couple of months...

+1 It would mean that you wouldn't have to go out and try to carb it after the fact and can still use the taste of your beer. Check out the Cooking with beer part of this forum!

Back