breaker bracket from sub panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robhansen

Hoghead Brewing
Reaction score
I've searched for this, I hope it hasn't been covered before! What would be wrong with using the breaker bracket/busbar assembly from a 125a sub panel inside my control box? I think it would make it very simple. Just feed the box with either a 50 or 60 amp cord to the busbar and use a 2 pole breaker for each 5500 watt element. Add a 15a breaker for the pump(s) and a fuse for the PID/SSR. It should be safe, and allow for future changes in design. I'll use a GFCI at the main panel.

1-IMAG0522.jpg

It shouldn't be any more dangerous than your breaker box at home. Just kill the power before you go in. Once built, I won't be in there messing around.
I agree, your way is safer, but it's easy enough to pull the plug.

I agree din rail is the most ideal, but using common parts isn't bad either. you're going to have 'live' parts inside your control box no matter how you configure it.

Yes, I'm sure that the DIN rail is better, nicer and maybe more cool. But I can't pick that stuff up at Lowe's. I thought the busbar arrangement of the breaker bracket would simplify things since I have no experience with DIN components. I was pretty sure that the terminal strips in the nice setups were exposed with raw power also.

Back