Lambrusco

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynwitte

Reaction score
My wife finally found a red wine she liked it was the Lambrusco from Olive Garden. (its sweet) However I can not find a Lambrusco kit. If anyone knows where I can buy the kit or knows of another "like" Lambrusco sweet red wine I can get please help.

Thanks Lyn

The Mosti Mondiale Lambrusco "All Juice Kit" was selected as one of the 100 best for 2011 by WineMaker magazine. Try searching for it on the internet. Apparently this Italian company is having problems working with Americans since I noticed several wine supply stores are discontinuing their line wit a comment about criminal pricing tactics. I have found prices between $100 and $160 for thir 6 gallon juice kits. I think these are also just juice and nothing else, so the vinter has to guess how to make from fresh juice.

I am also looking for a good Lambrusco kit.

Found this site for Lambrusco concentrate or kit. Good price too.
http://www.eckraus.com/shoponline.html
I had to type Lambrusco in search but came right up. It is an American grown but is still a Lambrusco grape.
Only part I have not figured out is how to get the slight bubble when bottling ANY THOUGHTS

I make this regularly. My daughter-in-law really likes it. She usually drinks the Riunite Lambrusco. I really think it is not bad, and it sure doesn't set me back much dough at all. It is a concentrate and the half-gallon makes 5 gallons of wine. You can adjust the sweetness by how much sugar you add, especially if you use something other than champagne yeast. Or yu can use the champagne yeast and it will go good and dry and you can backsweeten. They only charge actual cost of shipping, which isn't much since it's only a half-gallon:

http://www.homewinery.com/cgi-bin/concen.cgi

Good Luck!

I thought lambrusco was beer? Or is that lambic? Either way I was wondering what the difference between lambrusco and normal wine is? I have a regular wine making kit, and was wondering what adjustments I would need to make in order to produce lambrusco?

the slight bubble??? you leave headspace in the bottle when you cork, then when you set them on their side there is a bubble in the bottle......I usually leave about a half a corks length of air in my bottles..if you fill them up all the way you will have a mess.

This is my favorite too! I made yooper's grape juice concentrate red "hooch style" wine, and my yeast pooped out early. It's sitting at 1.027 on some oak chips... My plan is to transfer to keg, then carbonate and bottle from keg into beer bottles. I don't want to risk losing too much carbonation by bottling in too large of bottles and not drinking fast enough. The sample so far is very promising. At $15 for 3 gallons, you really can't beat it!

richdpet said:
Only part I have not figured out is how to get the slight bubble when bottling ANY THOUGHTS

Maybe look at the sticky in the cider forum about pasteurization in the bottle, since you're bottle carbonating a very sweet wine. Basically bottle it with live yeast, then pasteurize in the bottle after a week or two to keep it from drying out?

Found this site for Lambrusco concentrate or kit. Good price too.
http://www.eckraus.com/shoponline.html
I had to type Lambrusco in search but came right up. It is an American grown but is still a Lambrusco grape.

I'm on my 12th batch of this at the moment. This Sunny Cal concentrate makes a great batch of Lambrusco. However, it takes a lot of adds in addition to the can. I highly recomment this for those more advanced winemakers. i do my secondary in a Corny keg and it carbonates nicely. Then I sweeten the day after the sorbate addition and finish the carbonation with a shot of CO2 from my beer equipment.

Try it!

I thought lambrusco was beer? Or is that lambic? Either way I was wondering what the difference between lambrusco and normal wine is? I have a regular wine making kit, and was wondering what adjustments I would need to make in order to produce lambrusco?

You can't make your kit into Lambrusco but you could make yours slightly fizzy if you want to. The big challenge is how to make a sweet wine carbonate without going dry and losing the sweetness. The best way I've found is to borrow or buy a used or new 20 liter keg used for beer (The Corny kegs used by Pepsi and Coke are ideal). Finish your wine like normal, then add the sorbate and the next day rack ino the keg and sweeten. Then carbonate over a week in a cool area with about 10psi Co2 pressure.

Your beer buddies should be able to help you out and loan you a keg. Then fill into screw top bottles or champagne bottles. They are great filled into the 500ml or 1 liter PET beer bottles available at the homebre stores. It's nice to have a fizzy wine on picnics without worrying about a broken wine bottle.

Back