Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donjr721

Reaction score
I just wanted to wish everyone here on HBT and there families a happy thanksgiving. I am brewing my stout this evening.

So today god bless you all and best wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Happy Thanksgiving back at you, Don.

I think I'm brewing this year's version of my cream stout on Saturday. Here's what I did last year sweet-stout, but this year, I'm not going to use Munich as the base malt. It was good, but am going to use pale malt with a couple of pounds of Munich. Also, going to decrease the roasted barley and increase the chocolate malt. For the yeast, I'm going to use Windsor this time instead of the Edinburgh, unless the pale ale that is fermenting now on Edinburgh is ready to be racked.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Today I give thanks that my sister is home from the hospital and is doing OK, Thanks that I still have a job, and most importantly I give thanks that I have my beautiful son and the wonderful adventure he brings every day to my life.

Prost! I'm on my second Bells two hearted, nice to not be cooking for a change.

Happy thanksgiving to everyone. Got a brown ale with cinnamon fermenting. Will be bottling this sat. Wish I planned better and had some for today. instead I will be drinking on some yuengling black and tans. wish everyone a great day

Happy thanksgiving everyone. Today is my mom's birthday, so I'm going to be cooking donner for the first time, hope everyone is happy and healthy this holiday season!

Happy Toikey day, beer brothers and sisters. I've got to work all four this weekend, so no brewing, but I've been able to hand out a few from a batch of stout I brewed a while back, so I'm thankful for that. I've also got some SN Celebration, Cascadia IPA (anyone had that? - good stuff) and half a growler of Rogue Amber Ale in the fridge - those poor damn Pilgrims were lucky if they had spruce-beer.

I am thankful for Homebrewtalk for increasing my brewing knowledge severalfold. I am also thankful for my barbequed turkey, which should be delicious and ready to eat in about 90 minutes, my bottle of Bruery Autumn Maple, and the fact that I have a four-day weekend, for which an epic brew day will take place.

We just bottled my wife's summer ale last Monday,so turkey day week is close enough,I guess. The turkey's in the oven,my Native American style blueberry pudding is reducing on the stove,& the SN Celebration ale & Leinenkugel's nut brown ale is chilling in the fridge. Our own ales are clearing really well in the boxed up bottles now. It's a beautiful day,& happy Thanksgiving y'all! Four days of drinking & feasting,yowza!

Bad news. I started this thread and an hour later my garage was on fire. I live in a mobile home that was next to the garage. Trailer didn't totally burn. All of us are unharmed.

I did save my Irish red that I brewed last Sunday and my ingredients for my stout I was gonna brew today.

I lost one chicken out of 21. My coop was attached to garage. I tore the chicken wire off and started slinging them out.

Despite the horrible events of the day, we have our lives to be thankful for and friends and family who are there for us

In all sincerity, happy thanksgiving, and god bless

Oh my, I'm glad you are unharmed but am very sorry for all the trauma and your losses. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

Same. I'm sorry, be thankful that you are still here, alive and well to brew again another day. God bless.

Bad news. I started this thread and an hour later my garage was on fire. I live in a mobile home that was next to the garage. Trailer didn't totally burn. All of us are unharmed.

I did save my Irish red that I brewed last Sunday and my ingredients for my stout I was gonna brew today.

I lost one chicken out of 21. My coop was attached to garage. I tore the chicken wire off and started slinging them out.

Despite the horrible events of the day, we have our lives to be thankful for and friends and family who are there for us

In all sincerity, happy thanksgiving, and god bless

that is absolutely my worst fear. I hope despite the fire you found your Thanksgiving filled with joy and family.

p.s. good call saving the beer! :mug:

Here is a picture of the aftermath. I need a new trailer for sure. Too much smoke damage and fire damage underneath. We are able to salvage most of our belongings. We were at a laundromat til 4 this morning washing every clothing item we own. What sucks is not having insurance on trailer. The property owners garage is insured but don't know to what extent. It's gonna be a long process to get readjusted.

image-381271626.jpg

I believe it was the compressor. When I saw the fire when I opened the garage, it was in that area

As you can see in the picture the garage is gone. The trailer we live in is severely smoke damaged. We have been cleaning our belongings to save them. I'm hoping the property owners garage insurance will give us some assistance in replacing our trailer. I didn't have insurance on trailer.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask for assistance on this site, but any would be greatly appreciated
Don Wilson
10873 E Stanley rd
Rockville, IN 47872

Well it's been 3 days since the fire and we have most of our belongings cleaned. We are using the our trailer as a storage facility and are staying with relatives until we can find a decently priced mobile home. Still have a lot of work to do. Guys from work have brought us big plastic totes with lids to put things in. They brought us s lot of 409 cleaner. That stuff is great. Maybe I'll be able to brew my thanksgiving stout next week. This whole process us exhausting. My heart goes out to all who have suffered loss from fire. Thankfully we didn't lose everything and we are all ok.

Glad to hear you guys are getting back on your feet. As a firefighter, I see the devastation that a fire can cause all the time. Its not the big ticket items (tv's, sterios, etc) that hurt, it's the irreplaceable stuff. The family bible, photos, family heirlooms, etc. Also, all the important legal documents (social security cards, birth certificates, etc) can be a pain to get replaced.

Glad nobody got hurt. That's all that really matters.
I'm intrested to hear if the garage owners insurance helps you out, so please keep us posted.

Take care, and hope you get life straightened out and back to normal soon.

Just about have all of our stuff cleaned and in totes. I've never been so tired and sore and just broken down. Something like this really makes you appreciate friends and family. A couple of neighbors went into our home while filled with smoke and were helping take out belongings. Not many would do that

Back