After beer has been carbonated...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Willy Boner said:
:mug: After beer has carbonated in bottle , is it best to condition at room temps. or put in refrigerator?:mug:
After mine are done and ready to drink, I put them in the fridge. But then again, I have a big fridge just for beer.

from a discussion at beer advocate:
It is also important to store beer that is still maturing at cool but not cold temps (55-65F) in order to allow the aging to occur.
Placing beer in the fridge prematurely halts the maturation

this sounds logical to me but i await further input.

I have always been told for the first 2 weeks, the warmer the better, like around 70 degrees or so. The following 2 weeks after that, if you can keep it a bit lower, like around 60 degrees or so, GREAT!

4 weeks, in the fridge and down the hatch.

When I bottled I always left them in a box until the fridge supply started running low, and replenished the fridge as needed.

Buford said:
When I bottled I always left them in a box until the fridge supply started running low, and replenished the fridge as needed.

This is what I do.

I think the key is to store it somewhere that does not experience temperature fluctuations or extremely high temps. So a fridge stays in a pretty narrow range so it is good, but if you do not have a fridge big enough to hold all your beer then a closet on the inside of you house would be good.

if it's the best it's going to get, put it in the fridge. if it could get better with age, store at cellar temps. i, unfortunately, do not have any space with cellar temps.

Back