Oregon Spring Beer and Wine Fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joker

Reaction score
March 21 & 22
http://www.springbeerfest.com/

Anyone plan on attending? I will be serving Friday night on the 7:30 to 11:00 shift. Well I think serving anyway I have volunteered guess that doesn't actaully mean a serving position but Im hoping for one. :mug:

Oooh....

I'm planning on arriving in portland on friday evening for a wedding. I just might have to check this out.

Joker, are you volunteering for any brewer in particular, or for the festival in general?

Is Naked City going to be pouring at the Cask Beer festival?

I'll definitely be there (either way)!

Wait one second! I just read the particulars:

$5 -admission
$5/$8 -plastic mug/souvenier glass (they will only serve you in one of these two
$1 -per sample of beer
$4 -per pint

I might be crazy, but if you are trying to promote your product, shouldn't you offer people a smokin' deal to get them hooked? I don't have a lot of experience with these beer festivals, and am happy to pay what a craft beer is worth, but is this kind of extortion common?

It's pretty typical. 12pm - 2pm everyday there is no $5 entry fee, so keep that in mind. And remember, the do have to pay the price of renting the space, paying alcohol monitors, etc etc etc....In my mind it's well worth it.

Didn't mean to over-react; I'm not used to the city style. It's just that down here in SO OR, there are a lot of beer and wine tastings, smaller festivals and such that are free or very cheap, which always made more sense to me from an advertising/promotional standpoint. I'm happy to pay a quality brewer well for his/her hard work.

What I find really weird: You can only get beer with tokens in an official glass, but the winos DON'T have to buy a glass and the wineries can give away samples, sell for cash or tokens!

Sorry for the late respone I have been slammed at work lately. You just volunteer for a time slot, they request you get there a half hour early, and I assume I get my work assignment then.

I was a pourer for the Spring Fest...oh...6 or 7 years ago when it was out at the expo center. At first I was a little upset that I got the last slot on the last day, but it turned out to be the right choice. I was pouring for New Belgium and I got a sweet Fat Tire canvas banner out of the deal!

Latest posts

Back