Liquor dispensing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjpfaff

Reaction score
New member here, just had a question i cannot seem to find an answer to.

I recently built out an awesome 3 keg system in an old fridge, but the freezer is sitting empty.

I was wondering if anyone has tried using chrome faucets and shanks, with ID tubing attached to hard liquor hanging inverted in the freezer to dispense?

Would gravity alone be enough to dispense the liquor quickly enough (assuming the faucet is lower than the alcohol)? And since liquor wont freeze.... i should have to worry about freezing lines...

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Pictures if you have done this?

I don't know of anyone who has tried this, I would assume you would need some sort of vent on the bottle for gravity to do its part. You might get a better response posting this somewhere else, it doesn't quite fit General Beer Discussion.

THE RUMERATOR for Sammy's Beach Bar Rum / Beach Bars
September 26, 2012 by danielw075

American Restoration on The History Channel turns old Refrigerator into new Rumerator [& Several More] from: Sept. 26th 2012 @ 9:30pm est. time

As liquor comes out, air has to be allowed into the bottle to replace it; more than likely you'd have to have a tap that allows air into the bottle, which beer taps don't do

EDIT - thinking about it a bit more, a bottling bucket faucet should do the drink just fine; a normal beer tap might work if air can work its way past the flow into the bottle. Give it a try and find out

Good call on allowing air into the bottle, will have to do some research on that.

As far as for posting here, yea it doesn't quite fit, but wasn't sure where else to post.

Get a stopper and drill two holes in it. One tube would be short in the bottle and long to the tap (that's the liquid out) and the other tube would go all the way to the bottom of the bottle on the inside and outside. Invert bottle and the long tube will act as a vent.

You'd have to rig a contraption to hold the bottle upside down, but that's not a big deal I wouldn't think.

Bars have these "lazy susan" looking dispensers that holds the bottle upside down and has a tap on it. I have also seen Jagermeister chillers that hold like 3 (I think) bottles of that upside down, so this idea has merit.

However I can not think of any booze I would want ice cold and I can think of no more noble use of the freezer but to hold your bulk hop purchases...

Bars have these "lazy susan" looking dispensers that holds the bottle upside down and has a tap on it. I have also seen Jagermeister chillers that hold like 3 (I think) bottles of that upside down, so this idea has merit.

However I can not think of any booze I would want ice cold and I can think of no more noble use of the freezer but to hold your bulk hop purchases...

Both of those points were my exact thoughts on this thread.

How about just filling a minikeg with rum and coke, or scotch and soda and dispense with CO2?

Back