Anybody ever done an overnight brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not talking about mashing overnight, I'm talking about a standard AG brew, starting after midnight. I'm working on switching my schedule from a 9-5-ish workday to a 11-8-ish workday. So, I mashed in around 3 AM today. So far, so good. Who's with me?

If I still worked at night I would.
When I did the neighbors in my apartments thought I was either a crack pot or a drunk. It wasn't unusual for me to have a few beers after work at 7:AM. Didn't really care who saw me either.

I routinely mash and collect the night before, simmer overnight, and boil the next morning at 6:30am.

EDIT: Not really what you asked though...

This thread has been resurrected from the dead. I figured as much as soon as I read the title and saw who the OP was.

Thread-Crap-Wont_Die.jpg

I've brewed over night but the only thing i dont like is clean up when its dark. when the light hits the stuff you thought you cleaned then all kinds of hop residue etc. show up that you never saw.

i can agree with the thermometer thing too. the only light i usualy use is from a fire i make in my backyard so i have to angle the thermometer towards the fire to see it. huge pain in the rear! i could turn on a porch light but whats the fun in that?

Back