Extract Recipes - chocolate\brownie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grimzella

Reaction score
Since premade kits are somewhat limited.. Can anyone suggest ingredients that i could try\buy? If it is possible. I would like to brew a Beer with extract.. (or partial mash) i have never done a partial, but it reads to be quite simple. Taste? I was looking for a somewhat dark, slightly sweet taste (not strong sweetness, but just a little hint (Chimay red or blue maybe) Hops on the low end, moderate carbonation, and most importaintly.. a hint of chocolate or brownie type flavor.

Should this type of beer be Malty or Roasty? What type of yeast would best compliment this style of beer? This will be my first attempt at moving "outside of the box" :) I want to experiment a little.

I know its alot of questions,
Thanks for any input.

Dave

grimzella said:
gonna try another catagory. next to no views here.

Sorry you didn't get a reply.......here's the deal

There is going to be a need for some research on your part:

What kind of commercial beer do you like?
Have you bought and drank some of it?
Have you looked in the recipe wiki for a possible clone?
Have you googled for a possible clone?

These are the places you should start. There are a tremendous amount of recipes out there. If you find one you like, try it or post it here for input to tweak, then we can give you more.

Your Op is just way to broad to provide an answer.

Cheers!

Sounds to me like sweet stout, oatmeal stout, or maybe brown porter territory. From your description, you probably want malty, NOT roasty. (For roasty, think slightly burnt coffee beans.) good news is that dark, sweet beers are pretty forgiving--a good starter beer for your research!

Back