Syracuse, ny - round 6 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let us know how you make out with the dremel. I am planning on the jigsaw with 4 holes. I have a drillpress which should help my process.

Still want a drill press but don't have one yet. Although I am in line to get my grandfathers when we get teh time to arrange it; a really nice delta floor standing model from the mid/early 90s :)

Will let you know what I end up doing

only problem with a jigsaw is that the hole is so small (45x45mm). I would have to drill 4 holes and then connect the holes and clean up the corners. There is a faceplate but it isn't huge. I was just thinking of filing after cutting if needed. Or buzzing the burrs off with the dremel

you could quickly do a plunge with the dremel on the 4 sides then use the jigsaw to finish out to the corners. drilling the 4 corners works as long as you use the right size bit and drill inside the corner, not on the corner to avoid an over sized round corner.

this is a good idea. Maybe we can generate a unique number and PM everyone it. We can keep an excel sheet at pick up and match people up to it. Is that what you were going for?

I think if you maybe PM twogunz who they are, or maybe as he is suggesting above. Idea being, if you have a unique number to match up with your pick up, some dude casually reading our thread can't walk in and make off with someone's grain on the sneek. I would hope this wouldn't ever happen, but with this many people it wouldn't hurt us to be on top of it.

I am 99% sure I will use a dremel tool with a cut off wheel. I used that to cut my din rail as practice and it worked really well, easy to control. If I can't get into the corners of the square I will bust out my jigsaw with a fine toothed metal blade

Someone else on another thread said they used a Deremel and it worked great to cut out the DIN spots for the PIDs....

I got to brew on a 1 barrel system the other day in a micro brewery. Very cool to use pumps and some different techniques. Only downside is now I want a pump and some other goodies! Upside was that I got invited back to help out again.

My fermentation chamber (aka old refrigerator with a 60 watt bulb mounted in a paint can controlled by a $22 stc-1000 digital temperature controller) is full with two 5 gallon batches I did last week.

But, I am hoping to do my first lager on Saturday and to do that, my first starter either tonight or tomorrow. I'm figuring I can do the fermentation on the lager on my basement floor (hopefully) as the basement is about 57 degrees.

Trying to keep that pipeline going and use up some of the grains from the previous buy!

I'm up to 6 batches since new years. Avg a batch a week. Haha.

See you are my hero!!! This is so why I am going to need more kegs....(hint hint hint)...I am sure we can fill over four pallets of kegs lets get that moving forward what says everyone???

Some day I hope to brew every 3 to 5 days!!!!

See you are my hero!!! This is so why I am going to need more kegs....(hint hint hint)...I am sure we can fill over four pallets of kegs lets get that moving forward what says everyone???

Some day I hope to brew every 3 to 5 days!!!!

I would love to see the keg deal go through...but, I know it is isn't easy to get these suppliers to give up bulk amounts. This is not the first time I have been involved in a bulk keg deal. So far, my odds have not been very good. (granted, I am not the one talking to the supplier this time..so hopefully that will help,)

received checks from JeffB and Copyright today (87.80 and 120.00)

Thanks gents!

OUT OF STOCK - RESPOND ASAP

Jeff they are out of BZ dark munich; was going to substitute FB-DMUN then GBMUNH30 (if they don't have FB in stock). Does that work for you?

Brewscampbell - They are out of BZ-HDBR. There is no direct substitution so I need you to give me another bag to sub in.

Without these two updates I can't place the order, and can't get pricing informaiton. So please get back to me ASAP

OUT OF STOCK - RESPOND ASAP

Jeff they are out of BZ dark munich; was going to substitute FB-DMUN then GBMUNH30 (if they don't have FB in stock). Does that work for you?

Brewscampbell - They are out of BZ-HDBR. There is no direct substitution so I need you to give me another bag to sub in.

Without these two updates I can't place the order, and can't get pricing informaiton. So please get back to me ASAP

Talked to my buddy, he is fine with the FB-DMUN. Sign me up for that. I'll change it in the spread sheet right now. Sound good?

Talked to my buddy, he is fine with the FB-DMUN. Sign me up for that. I'll change it in the spread sheet right now. Sound good?

Let me just double check they have it

Thanks for responding so quick guys - looks like they have both in stock.

Jeff you can sub BrewsC for a BD mopa and FB Dark munich.

We will likely be able to provide actual pricing today. Please keep an eye out and watch the thread the next couple days.

We also have a sack of FB-DMUN under the splits section too, so if they didnt come back to you about that one they should have it for my sub. Correct?

That is actually why I was planning to sub that brand for you.

I was just trying to get a definitive answer for you before you dug into your shhet. But you are good - they have each sub as noted.

I'm all good! Spreadsheets are updated with both changes. Changes are highlighted in yellow. Order total sheet is also manually updated.

Copyright - your split was not affected. And at least for now it looks like they have let us keep all our bags. *knocks on wood*; though I would not be surprised at all if they have us knock a few bags off once they finalize the order and they pick the order.

Updated payment (up to the minute): -yup I totally see I spelled balance wrong-

Paid.jpg

that updated chart, is that based on their prices or just an update for the changes and what not until, we get finalized pricing?

Based on catalog prices (not actuals) - just a note for people regarding whose payments I have received, and how much (if something is missing, or incorrect let me know).

Ok so some good with the bad - got the order. It looks like it is NCM policy that home brewer orders are only abot to get the 2nd tier pricing; i.e. only commercial buyers get the higher volume pricing of 8000+

Really sorry about this guys since I was pushing us to get to 8000!

PAYMENT REQUEST

1. Actual Pricing is in - please pay ASAP

2. Please let me know if you need my address and I will PM it to you.

3. Please make every effort to send me a check ASAP.

Red lettering = Amount owed
Green lettering = Credit

However we did save a boat load of money of the shipping costs we normally get so this will still be the cheapest grain per lb we have bought on the CNY buy to date! Price is as follows (FINAL ACTUAL PRICING):

Paid.jpg

Wow, that clocked in ~$70 lower than expected for myself!

Cidah - can you tell us what a bag of CM2ROW and MO cost with the shipping included? I'm very curious, :).

Wow, that clocked in ~$70 lower than expected for myself!

Cidah - can you tell us what a bag of CM2ROW and MO cost with the shipping included? I'm very curious, :).

yup shipping is $2.46 per bag;

Best Maltz $/bag
BZ-PILS $35.20
BZ-MUNH $34.65
BZ-WHT $35.20
BZ-VIEN $34.65
BZ-CRPL $40.70
BZ-LCRM $40.70
BZ-SPLT $53.35
BZ-SMOK $51.70
Malteries Franco-Belges
FB-DMUN $39.05
GB Malt
GB-OPAL $44.55
GB-PALE $39.05
GB-HONY $43.34
CMC
CM-2ROW $28.60
CM-PALE $29.15
CM-WHET $28.60
CM-RYEM $27.56
Thom Fawc
TF-MOPA $41.80
TF-OPTC $41.25
TF-CHOC $43.45
TF-GPRM $42.90
TF-AMBR $43.45
Gilb & Page
GP-FLWHT $31.30
GP-RICE $21.50
GP-FLOAT $33.50
GP-FLBLY $31.50
Great Western
GW-C15 $36.50
GW-C30 $36.50
GW-C40 $36.50
GW-C60 $36.50
GW-2ROW $29.00
GW-C120 $36.50
GW-PALE $29.00
GW-C150 $36.50
GLM-LACT55 $87.00
GW-VIEN $30.00
Bairds
BD-MOPA $40.15
BD-VIEN $34.10
BD-RSTB $41.80
BD-BLCK $41.80
BD-CHLT $41.80

What a deal!

I just calculated I'm around 24 cents per pint in grain. :mug:

that is a "across the board" cost?

I know in the past I have calculated hefe prices at like $18 for 11g including grain and hops (hops = $1 an oz for me). big IPAs at like $36 (call it 10 gallons for ease finished).

106 (12oz) brews in 2 kegs =

Hefe:
~.17 per 12oz

IPA:
~.34 per 12oz

Not bad for craft beer....

If you guys PM me your paypal information and the amount to send you I can start sending credits back to people.

Thansk!

Sweet deal on the shipping!

You have yourself to thank for that! haha

Seriously, we usually are like $4.70-$6 on shipping. The lack of residential fees, plus the 4 pallets of grain really gave us a great price

Also to make pickup easier, I went through last night and made labels for each of the splits. So it was be easy to tell what is who's, and what types. Plus it will make it easier on us to measure out.

photo122.JPG

Back