Faucet Pump Beer Engine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesjensen1068

Reaction score
Ok so I'm wanting to make a portable beer engine using a Valterra handpump faucet, a 2.5 gallon cubitainer, and a cooler. This will be used on my patio bar during the spring, summer, fall.

Has anyone made one that portable/semi-portable?

Hell, just show me what you made. Also does the cubitainer just collapse as you dispense the beer?

Cheers

Very interested to see if any others have tried this. I checked out the thread Reevy mentioned, but I want more info. I just purchased a few Cubitainers and plan on purchasing one of the Valterra hand pumps, and want to know the best method for priming, conditioning and serving.

Still wondering if you guys that have done cask ale think this would work??

http://www.basspro.com/FoldACarrier...storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&hvarAID=vantage

Thanks again...

Found this guys build (scroll to the bottom: http://www.brewboard.com/index.php?showtopic=84510&st=0 ) Pretty sweet, I was thinking about creating some sort of beer engine using an RV pump (like the other thread) but creating creating a reusable screw top cap to connect to 2 liter soda bottles. So basically I would bottle in the 2 liter soda bottles and then when I want to drink I could unscrew the normal top and screw in my adapter to the beer engine. This way I wouldn't have to pound through a bunch of beer, just set it up when I want to. Any thoughts on this? Did I make sense? Its late :)

brettwasbtd said:
Found this guys build (scroll to the bottom: http://www.brewboard.com/index.php?showtopic=84510&st=0 ) Pretty sweet, I was thinking about creating some sort of beer engine using an RV pump (like the other thread) but creating creating a reusable screw top cap to connect to 2 liter soda bottles. So basically I would bottle in the 2 liter soda bottles and then when I want to drink I could unscrew the normal top and screw in my adapter to the beer engine. This way I wouldn't have to pound through a bunch of beer, just set it up when I want to. Any thoughts on this? Did I make sense? Its late :)

That sounds like a great idea. You wouldn't even have to let oxygen into the bottle since it would deflate as you drink from it. Let me know how that works for you. You could probably use one of those carbonation caps.

That sounds like a great idea. You wouldn't even have to let oxygen into the bottle since it would deflate as you drink from it. Let me know how that works for you. You could probably use one of those carbonation caps.

Unfortunately I don't think I am near the starting of this project any time soon. Space and monetary allotments towards the hobby are not working with me here! I was more brain storming about what I want to do a few years down the road!

The carbonator cap, will that allow liquid out? or is only gas in? I was just think of drilling and securing some sort of threaded barb.

Back