How many corny kegs do you have?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Photopilot

Reaction score
I used to think the 4 I had was plenty but finding I can't have too much brewing supplies nowadays.

So my question is how many do you have?
How many do you want?
What else do you use them for besides drinking out of?

I am up to 8 but one I keep star san in to flush my lines on the kegerator. I may get a few more if I step up and brew more this year

I have 15 or 17 I forget. I need more though cause I do 10 gal batches and use them to age in.

When I started kegging, I cast off all my bottles and vowed never to bottle a whole batch again. However, you have to consider how many serving positions you have. If you have two, you don't really want a Russian Imperial Stout or Barleywine as one of them. Even though I have 5 positions, some beers are just too special to have pouring willy nilly. So, yes, I just recently bottled my Flanders Brown and RIS.

I have 9. One is star san, as I dont feel like getting a different wrench for one post out of 18. So it always has star san, which is really useful.

I am planning on bottling half to all of my wheat beer this summer. I like the carb levels high and I do not have the ability to do that on one of my 4 taps with my current setup. ( would need 2 secondary regs and a longer beer line for the wheat, may do that later). Plus bottle conditioning wheat gets more wheat in suspension during pour, which accentuates the hefe taste I love.

I would like to add 4 more kegs for pipeline/age. I will likely bottle more as my kids grow older. I like having bottles, but time is higher priority right now. I clean a group of kegs at once, then leave them sealed after pumping star san through them. When I am ready to keg, it takes little time (sanitize outside, pop the top and rack in). That allows me to get it done in less intensive chunks of time.

14, but one has a lid that won't seal. I've been wanting to do more lagers, so I'd love to have a few more to increase my aging capacity.

14, 2 are pin-locks that I use for secondary for lagers and 12 are ball-locks. Six in the keezer, 2 or so ready to go in the keezer, usually 1 or 2 in the lagerator. I need more.

25, serving 7 taps from the keezer. I do plan on doing some limited bottling at some point also. :mug:

EDIT: Didn't plan on having so many kegs, but I fell into a couple of really good deals! :D

I had 11, now I have 0.

Moving in a different direction.

(OK, so I kind of got away from brewing a bit, and started spending more time and money on my Jeep).

22-25 corneys...2 on tap in the kegerator...keezer (holds 8 cornies) collar mod will add 4 more on tap...I still bottle...I have over 20 cases of German 1/2 liter bottles, about 5-6 cases are flippies...plus 100 wine bottles of meads and ciders...

I also have about 5 primary buckets and 20+ carboys...

28 mixed between pin and ball lock.

6 tap keezer with holding capacity of 8 or 9 (depending on mix). It's nice having the space to gas kegs not tapped so that they are carbed and ready to pour despite the tap being occupied.

Right now I have 4 - 2 on tap, 1 conditioning, 1 Starsan
Buying 4 or more in the next week. Keezer holds 4 on tap, and I need a deeper pipeline!

I bottle off of the kegs, just to take somewhere and drink.

Add on question for keg owners, Do you still bottle ever?

I have 8 cornies and I do 10-12g batches and usually bottle one case of 22oz bottles for gifts and whatnot.

I think I may need a couple more after just throwing 10g of apfelwein into the fermenter. Needing to tie up 2 kegs for aging might be a little PITA if I intend to keep brewing on my normal schedule.

I feel like 10 isn't enough now... 28? Man, that'll be the day...

In three years, 7 (going on 8) is the most I have ever had filled at any one time with beer. But, I aim to correct that.

Add on ?

I only ever bottle small batch Mead or Apfelwein. Occasionally, I will bottle from the keg for gifting.

8 - 5 gallon
2 - 3 gallon
2 - 2.5 gallon
1 - 15 gallon for fermenting 10 gallon batches easy

a bit more than I need. really don't use the 2.5's other than soda which I am going to cut out. the 3's are nice for taking to a party.

edit - bottling is an evil that I sometimes do but reluctantly.

15 ball lock, 1 of those has starsan (it is the only "racetrack" one). Have one of those 21cuft chest freezer that holds 12+20lb tank, and a 4tap kegarator that will hold the others. Im planning on a bunch of lagers and big beers this year, so Ill need the storage. They are becoming harder to find at a price <$20 delivered...

I have 18.

1 is full of StarSan
1 is full of Beer line cleaner

way too many empty ones.

I bulk age all my beers in cornys regardless of whether I will serve them on tap or bottle them eventually. They just seem to take up less space than carboys.

I seem to have enough now, but there have been times when most were full.

I have eight 5 gallon kegs and four 3 gallon kegs.

Since I am moving to 10 gallon batches of my house brews, I am on the verge of needing about four more 5 gallon kegs.

:rockin:

I used to think the 4 I had was plenty but finding I can't have too much brewing supplies nowadays.

So my question is how many do you have?
How many do you want?
What else do you use them for besides drinking out of?

Seems every time Kegconnections has a decent sale on a 4 pack, I can't resist. I have had up to 14 filled at any one time. Winter is nice as my garage becomes a good walk-in cooler for storage. Not sure what I'm going to do when winter breaks.

If KC had another good sale, I'd have 20 :)

I've got 12 five gallon and two three gallon that I use as casks for my handpump

MrH

I think I have 11 right now, and maybe 2 or 3 more in the parents shed. I can fit 8 in my keezer, but normally only have about 5 full.

I have 5 and my keezer holds 4 and sometimes I will bottle half a 5g batch in 22oz and keg the other half. For some reason I like bottle conditioned beer.

12 Balls

Most are full, some are looking for work.

I usually brew 10 gallon batches. Sometimes 5 gallons. Sometimes partigyle with 5 gallons strong & 5 or 10 not so strong. Usually the strong ones (Scotch Ale/RIS/BW) get bottled.

I think 9 5g, one 3g, and 1 10g. I'd like some more 5g. The 10g is too much of a space hog in the keezer so I don't use it for serving anymore. I think I should start using it as a fermenter instead.

Wish I had about 14, but when I finally get 14 I'll want 20.

Anyone selling kegs in the Twin Cities? CL has been dry for months :-(

Latest posts

Back