What do I have here?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeaponTheyFear

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
ForumRunner_20130927_140003.jpg

This is a Berliner I made in late July. Pitched with wyeast 3553 lactose for a couple weeks then us-05. The beer was lightly colored and cloudy for the first month and a half. It was at fg but from what I've read the longer I let it sit the better.

Anyway, after putting my punkin clone in the basement I bumped my other carboy and noticed a the white floaties as seen in the pictures. I didn't have a chance to taste the beer but I was wondering if this was an outside bacterial infection or the beginning of a pellicle. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130927_135942.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130927_135942.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 208
They don't have to sit long to be good. I did a BW that went from brewday to bottle in 7 days just get 1st. I think it scored a 37. Anyway, it can be pretty hard to tell what you got by looking at a pellicle. Just looks like some yeast rafts to me though. Nothing I would worry about.

Beers don't get darker, probably just the yeast settling out.

Back