My Updated Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WortMonger

"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, I am stumped on some things for a little while, but it is really coming together nicely. I put together some drawings since some of my stuff isn't here yet, and I can't paint until it gets a little warmer. I think I am going to love all the upgrades. I am planning on using my Therminator with tap water until tap temperature is reached and then going to a cooler with a pond pump for recirculating ice water. Also, I don't know that I will use much of the steam except for step mashing, but it will be there if I do need it for temperature correction. Let me know what you guys think.

DMBCover.JPG

DMBsystem.JPG

Ok, Now for the rest of the drawings.

It looks like you have a pump from your drawings. Why the three tier system? Also you could use the burner for the BK for the steam generator to avoid using the cooktop since you probably won't be stepping or heating the mash while you are boiling your wort.

Nope, no direct fire under the pressure cooker, especially one this hot. Since the cooker just needs to build steam and save it for use I should be alright. The pump is there for moving the beer to a location above the kettle ball valve. I move all 12 gallons to a keg in my lagerator so the pump comes in real handy, as well as for moving liquid only mash out decoction sometimes. If you were going into Cornie's or carboys then you could just use gravity. I built this basic setup about 12 years ago.

Latest posts

Back