Kegging wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem I see is that you will carbonate the wine if you use a keg, because you will have to use CO2. If you just use an air pump it will oxidize the wine something terrible.

Maybe if you purge the o2 with co2 and then keep it really really low pressure you could get by without carbonating the wine.

I have done it.... use low pressure and only connect it when you want to push some out.

If it starts to get a little CO2 you will have to decide if it adds or subtracts from it... you might like it.

If you don't just pour it in to a pitcher/decanter and let it sit befor serving...

DPB

to store it use enough co2 to purge with the relief pulled and it won't carb.
to serve push it with 1-2 psi and it won't carb.

Well with co2 with really low pressure it will work but when you get low on wine it will start to carbonate, and it will dispense really slow

I know this is an old thread but I was thinking about kegging my next batch of wine. Is there any downside with regards to the beer line? Will the wine leech into the line and ruin it if I want to serve beer again on it later? Of course, I would clean and sanitize the line after the wine is gone. Push oxyclean solution into the line and let it sit, then rinse with warm water and sanitize with star san. Any worries about the line?

Back