2012 HBT Fantasy Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bosdave said:
You played Bridge Town IPA, I believe. The reason that the number that you lost by is fluctuating so much is due to BT IPA streaming way too many Starting Pitchers.

Let's say that you have started 11 out of your 12 starts after Thursday and on Friday you start 3 pitchers. Obviously only 1 of those three can count, but ESPN hasn't shut down the SP slot from scoring points as you can still score with one pitcher. Thus for Friday it counts all 3 pitchers for the total, and then shuts down the slot for Saturday and Sunday, thereby allowing 14 starts, at least seemingly.

However, it appears that ESPN retroactively checks the stats at the end of the week and disallows the last two, chronologically, of the 14 starts. This is also applicable to the 64 games started for hitters as well.

So the final total isn't in until the wee hours (stateside) of the morning, Monday morning, which makes sense with the different numbers that you viewed.

Dave

Thanks for the info, makes sense that the numbers are subject to change until everything is checked, and yes, I was checking in the morning my time, so early hours back in baseball land.

And on another note I played in my first game of the season for my team here in the UK (Southampton Mustangs II), had 1 at bat, single, RBI and scored a run. I also scored a run as a pinch runner, so not bad!

Holy heck, looks like the perfect injury storm for the PEI Yankees. I already have one starting pitcher in a DL slot, and I check in today to find Paul Konerko, Evan Longoria, Nick Swisher, and Justin Morneau listed as Day to Day. Kind of looks like Longoria and Morneau will go on the DL sooner or later, and Konerko and Swisher may be back the later part of the week.......but right now that leaves FOUR empty slots in my roster........Grrrrrr! Not to mention the bulk of my pitchers start on Wednesday, giving them only one start this week. Doesn't look like a good week for the Yankees..........

Thems the breaks I guess.......:(

I was about to sympathize but then I saw the last part of your name which says yankees...

Just kidding. It is early yet, lots of baseball still to be played.

Dave

This just in: I suck at this. Combination of FBB being WAY more involved than the fooseball version, and my flat not having much time to commit to it (changing jobs, moving across the country, etc...) just makes it tough. At least it's a long season. Maybe I will win one week before it's over. lol

At least the Rays are doing well. lol

While we're all fighting over the crying towel, I got 2 on the DL, 1 suspended, and one more about to get on the DL. Combine that with the rest of my team is way below par and I am seriously thinking about changing my team name to Astros.

This just in: I suck at this. Combination of FBB being WAY more involved than the fooseball version, and my flat not having much time to commit to it (changing jobs, moving across the country, etc...) just makes it tough. At least it's a long season. Maybe I will win one week before it's over. lol

At least the Rays are doing well. lol

Hang in there. It is a looong season, and teams turn corners left and right.

I have not been able to keep up with doing the weekly awards as in years past. Othon, if you have the time to pitch in there, that would be awesome. Otherwise, I'll try to bring it back up to speed every so often.

OK guys I'm done. It's clear no one is interested in any kind of fair trade in this league which really takes the fun out of it for me. I've tried for the last four seasons to make moves but everybody wants to improve their team dramatically without risking anything. I can compete just fine without trades but that's not the kind of league I want to be in.

Thanks so much for including me over the last few seasons. It's been nice to be in a league with some people I have brewing in common with. Best of luck to you guys, enjoy!

I will keep setting my line-up and trying to compete until you guys find a replacement.

-Cheers

Hey Jeremy,
Sorry to see you go. It has become a bit stagnant since our inaugural season. I'm sorry it is not as active with trades. I will admit to being a bit protective of my roster, and am trying to work out a trade with another member that is mutually beneficial.

I appreciate your hanging onto the team until someone is found to take over. I will be contacting people who've posted in this thread.

Best of luck to you.

Again, sorry to see Jeremy leave the league. Best of luck to you.

We have found someone to take over as manager. The Perlicks are now known as the Sluggers. Welcome FreshZ into the league.

I updated the weekly trophies up until present. With a young child at home, it is hard for me to keep up with as I had in the past. I'll do my best to keep them as updated as possible.

As I alluded to in my last post, I've been a little too coveting of my players, and I think that many of us do the same. It has been a bit stangant both in here and on the smackboard on the league page. I hope that we can all look into how we can spice up the league a bit. If anyone is looking to deal, get in touch!

I should chime in here. I enjoy the league, but I don't have the time or skills to hang with you guys.

I will happily play it out (and after our move in July I will have more time too), however, if there is someone who thinks they can rescue an 0-6 team I will offer it up for grabs.

Longo Penas. Lemme know.

pointerDixie214 said:
I should chime in here. I enjoy the league, but I don't have the time or skills to hang with you guys.

I will happily play it out (and after our move in July I will have more time too), however, if there is someone who thinks they can rescue an 0-6 team I will offer it up for grabs.

Longo Penas. Lemme know.

Hang in there, man. It's a long season. If you're enjoying it, stick with it. That's what we all joined for.

Well I am always looking to shake thing up via trade. If a trade seems out of balance to start then send back a counter. Sometimes I will send out a theory and know that it needs work.

With that said people need to realize that fantasy baseball is a long season and trades are not always worthwhile. Personally I am in a kind of no trade zone right now as I just made a few and want to see the new identity of my team before reacting to it.

Well I am always looking to shake thing up via trade. If a trade seems out of balance to start then send back a counter. Sometimes I will send out a theory and know that it needs work.

With that said people need to realize that fantasy baseball is a long season and trades are not always worthwhile. Personally I am in a kind of no trade zone right now as I just made a few and want to see the new identity of my team before reacting to it.

You want to hold off on the trade for Tulo for now? I've been trying to think of a counter offer, but haven't had much time. I'm looking to get some pitching back.

I will always look. Here is the thing...it is going on week 8 and I am looking like I will be 6-1. I don't need to make a drastic move. BUT I am always looking to get better.

I would rather discuss whichever SS you value less, even if there is not a major difference in valuation.

Again, sorry to see Jeremy leave the league. Best of luck to you.

We have found someone to take over as manager. The Perlicks are now known as the Sluggers. Welcome FreshZ into the league.

I updated the weekly trophies up until present. With a young child at home, it is hard for me to keep up with as I had in the past. I'll do my best to keep them as updated as possible.

As I alluded to in my last post, I've been a little too coveting of my players, and I think that many of us do the same. It has been a bit stangant both in here and on the smackboard on the league page. I hope that we can all look into how we can spice up the league a bit. If anyone is looking to deal, get in touch!

I think I am finally done trading...for now. I have my roster in a really good place (I hope) and want to see how it performs. Then again after a half dozen or so trades I have done quite a bit!

I am all for a little spice though. As for trash talk, well I expect to win every week! I try to win every day for that matter.

Well, during the draft, I got jeered for picking Andy Pettitte with my final pick, knowing the was only a few weeks away from returning. Fast forward to today........late on Sunday, looks like Andy will be the top preforming player (points wise) in our league for this past week. Anybody else have a final pick that is working for them? Still HAVE that final pick? lol.

This is the one bright spot I can focus on, as the PEI Yankees have 3 players on the DL, and 3 players listed as DTD, so take my gloating (?) as you will.........

Anybody else have a final pick that is working for them? Still HAVE that final pick? lol.

My final pick was Allen Craig (StL) who is now ranked 72nd at his position (OF) and averaging 7 pts per game. Also traded for Austin Jackson who was picked up in the last round by the Stout Troopers and is now ranked at 39th at his position. So, I'd say yeh, I have a late pick or two who are working out for me. Problem is my earlier picks stink!

As for injuries, at one point last week I had 4 hitters on the DL and 2 other hitters listed DTD where they were actually not playing for at least 2 days with injuries. I also had 1 pitcher DTD but that wasn't as significant. My whole bench and both DL spots were filled with non-active players. Good thing I like beer! I wonder how non-drinkers handle this game!!!:cross:

I'm looking to deal a 2B. I have Neil Walker and Howie Kendrick. I need an OF. Could throw in a P if deal is right.

I'm looking to deal a 2B. I have Neil Walker and Howie Kendrick. I need an OF. Could throw in a P if deal is right.

I may be interested in another two weeks or so when a few OF come off of my DL. I know that is a ways away but if you can't find a trade before then, then I would be interested in working something out.

Well here we are, halfway through week 10.

I am struggling in almost every single major offensive category (between 6th and 12th) and have managed to win a bunch of games. You all better be worried when my team starts hitting!

Well here we are, halfway through week 10.

I am struggling in almost every single major offensive category (between 6th and 12th) and have managed to win a bunch of games. You all better be worried when my team starts hitting!

You've been making some impressive moves. Thanks for rejuvenating the league, Dave.

Well, I've got Ryan Howard who should be ready for the playoff run....if I get there.

There there, Guidry. There there.

bosdave said:
Holy hell FreshZ!

Welcome to the league...2-0 and putting up filthy numbers!

Congrats

Thank you sir. I'm sure this can't continue though. I'll take it for the time being.

So far so good. I've never done fantasy before, well I entered a football league about 10 years ago but didn't understand anything and let it slide after about a day, but this time I've done my best to at least update my roster for the week ahead each week. At the start of the season I wanted to win at least 1 matchup, and I've managed 3, so I may have a losing record, and I may still not know much about what I'm doing, but I'm enjoying keeping an eye on all e results each day. Thanks for accommodating a newbie, and for understanding that I'm just keeping it simple- not many trades going on with the Mustangs.

Man, never have I had to deal with the DL bug like this season. I think the league has gotten much better and I'm glad to still be a part of it. Here's to hoping Trevor Bauer can be the stud he's destined to be.

MMTG said:
Man, never have I had to deal with the DL bug like this season. I think the league has gotten much better and I'm glad to still be a part of it. Here's to hoping Trevor Bauer can be the stud he's destined to be.

He lives! What up O?

WOW! Very strange happening for the Bayou Brewers yesterday. According to the stat report I received, every single one of my starters (batter) had exactly 0 pts with ZERO (0) at bats. Haven't had a chance to check actual box scores but that sounds very odd that not one of my starters played, doesn't it? Anyone else ever had that happen?

Well as the beneficiary of said occurrence, allow me to explain what happened.

It appears that the game limits (64 for position players, 12 starts) only apply through Saturdays. You had reached your 64 games played by the end of Saturday and therefore none of your field players were able to accrue points on Sunday. Had you had 63 starts you would have been fine. I was able to reach 72 games played, at least I think so.

Word to the wise, on Fridays check your games played log and make sure you don't go to, or over, the max before Sundays.

Dave

Hey guys,

I'm looking to deal an OF or 1B. I have:

Angel Pagan
Yoenis Coespedes
Hunter Pence
Alfonso Soriano
Adrian Gonzalez
Cody Ross

I'm looking for SP. doesn't have to be Ace quality, but halfway decent. 1st half over achievers / regression prone players welcome. Hit me up.

Hey FreshZ, just sent you a possible trade. Let me know what you think, if I'm in the ballpark, or if you have any other ideas.

AL getting Creamed in the All Star game, love it! Also, I'm looking for a quality bat...anyone interested in getting a SP?

Wanted: Quality SP

Offering: Hitter, preferably an OF, perhaps a SP + hitter in return.

Note: I certainly don't believe in untouchables, but if you ask for Trout be prepared for a significant cost.

So I'm winning a little bit, but not moving up. Are there playoffs in this league? How do you qualify?

Is there a prize for winning? Like all the other players have to give up their best recipe or tip?

Back