NHBC Cincinnatti--CLUB NIGHT planning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm up for the Hof for lunch, though I'll be coming from Kentucky and not Sharonville so I won't be able to offer a ride.

Another brewery worth checking out might be the barrelhouse. I heard they're providing the official beer of the conference, so maybe they already have something set up.

Hey MrFebtober! I just saw your SWMBOs introduction thread. I'm looking forward to meeting you both at the conference! :mug:
Have you registered yet?

Hey MrFebtober! I just saw your SWMBOs introduction thread. I'm looking forward to meeting you both at the conference! :mug:
Have you registered yet?

I'm pretty sure that they're already registered. If they aren't they might be out of luck. Isn't most of the of conference full?

I'm pretty sure that they're already registered. If they aren't they might be out of luck. Isn't most of the of conference full?

I saw on their web site last night that they still have Pro Brewer's Night and Club Night available but I think everything else is sold out.
We can also hook up for some nonconference things too. :mug:

I'm very much looking forward to meeting you all, too. And, yeah, we're registered for club night, though as ohiobrewtus mentioned, meeting at hofbrauhaus at some point during the weekend would be a lot of fun. Great beer and a great biergarten, too.

I'm very much looking forward to meeting you all, too. And, yeah, we're registered for club night, though as ohiobrewtus mentioned, meeting at hofbrauhaus at some point during the weekend would be a lot of fun. Great beer and a great biergarten, too.

This is sounding pretty good to me!:mug:

Any updates?

olllllo - were you able to confirm the booth?

EdWort - has anyone else given you contact information? I won't be arriving until Friday at about noon and I'll need a way to find some folks once we get there.

Per Frank Barickman (fbarickm [at] columbus[dot]rr[dot]com)

Rob, you are down... not sure why not updated on website...
I will send a PM to Keith (TX) and remind him about banners, cards, etc.

I would like to try to make lunch on Saturday to get to hang with you guys since I'll be holed up with my club a lot. I'll most likely need a ride if there's room.

For those attending the seminars, morning session ends at 11:15 and afternoon begins at 1:30. How far away is the Brauhaus?

Also, just FYI, the SA brewery doesn't offer tours.

I would like to try to make lunch on Saturday to get to hang with you guys since I'll be holed up with my club a lot. I'll most likely need a ride if there's room.

Also, just FYI, the SA brewery doesn't offer tours.

Ya, I found that out when I called them.

There's going to have to be some cab sharing to get to lunch on Saturday. I brought up being a DD to SWMBO and her response was something along the lines of "Hell no, I'm drinking - let's take a cab". I love that woman. :rockin:

Sheraton hotel (AHA conference) to Hofbrauhaus: 17.1 mi

BrewWench and I are only doing the club night event, so we're pretty much free to hang out with ppl for the rest of the weekend. We'll probably plan on being at the hof for much of the afternoon.

Do not be tempted to visit the Beer Sellar! Avoid.

Sounds good, I might just skip out on one of the seminars then, even though I want to go to the Mosher one.

Cab sharing won't be a problem. Smart >> Stupid.

We went to Costco in search of frozen soft pretzels over the weekend. They didn't have any. I don't have a Sam's membership but I could go to walmart instead. Would that still be acceptably cheap or should I try to find someone else who has a Sam's card to buy pretzels for us?

It wouldn't hurt to shop around on a price for them. I just picked up some at Kroger's last week. They were $7 for a box of 25 with Kroger Plus card.

We went to Costco in search of frozen soft pretzels over the weekend. They didn't have any. I don't have a Sam's membership but I could go to walmart instead. Would that still be acceptably cheap or should I try to find someone else who has a Sam's card to buy pretzels for us?

I have a Sam's club membership. I can help get those on Wednesday after I drive down from Columbus.

I have a Sam's club membership. I can help get those on Wednesday after I drive down from Columbus.

Okay, though actually I discovered yesterday that I'll likely be out of town most of that week on business (though back in town friday night). Sucks, but I don't have much of a choice.

No choice here either. Being local, I really wanted to pitch in and help our online community out, but with a new job I thought I should wait and see what my workload is before I commit time I may not have. It turns out I have been assigned my first project, it was transfered me already behind schedule and must get back on schedule, and its due date is Monday, June 23. Looks like I may be working all weekend and may have to ditch my banquet and club night tickets - I am going to wait until it is closer to see what happens.

Got our shirts in from Zazzle (hat tip to Ed). BrewWench was (is still) without avatar, so like me she chose her favorite of our beer label designs. Anyway, here's how to spot us!
club_night_shirts.jpg

BTW, they also have HBT.com on the from just like Ed's.

I successfully hacked my WRT54G with DD-WRT and added the auto_AP scripting.
I will look into adding battery power tonight. I have to see if my web cam is Vista compliant. I have a Mogulus account (ala Sigafoos).

What that means is I believe that I will have he tools necessary to bring the public lobby wifi into the ballroom for Club night.

Reposting from the other thread:
I've got one (shorty) party tap plus a CO2 setup that can push 3 kegs. I don't recall who else was bringing kegging supplies. Do we still need a tap board or are we just using party (cobra) taps? I just bought a bunch of paneling and 2x2 for a fermentation chamber project, but I'll probably have enough leftover paneling to make a tap board if needed. I remember Edwort was originally planning on making a board but that might have been before he found out he'd be flying. What's the plan?

I have 2 cobra taps I can bring, but no CO2.

olllllo, sweet news on the router. Will Keith be able to setup a webcam page here on HBT for folks to access?

My shirt from zazzle will be delivered today!

Hey- I'm leaving in less than 48 hours, so if I'm supposed to bring something, let me know! I have two kegs, along with the two beer lines and cobra taps. I have the co2 cartridge gun we can use to push the beer if we have to. Ohiobrewtus and RichBrewer have my cellphone number (and I think I PM'd it ages ago to Edwort). I'll be staying at the LivinnSuites from Tuesday on; before that I'm on the road.

I'm doing the bourbon distillery tour on Wednesday, if anybody else is going!

I can bring 3 cobra taps with me without a problem. I also can bring 5 faucets & shanks to use if someone wants to bring beer line & ball lock connectors.

I'm packing up 13 month old Apfelwein in 2 liter bottles and shipping it out on Monday.

Please feel free to correct or add to this talley:

Kegs: 5 (2 from yooper, 2 from brewtus, 1 from me and BrewWench, Did I miss ollllo? Is ClayOfToday still in for one? anybody else? Plus Ed's apfelwein but I guess that doesn't need the gas.

Cobra taps: 8+

CO2 supply: for 4 kegs (5# tank with 3 lines plus Yooper's cartridge thing). If anyone has a distribution manifold then we could have even more.

Sounds like cobra taps would be the easiest way to go. Do booths typically have tap list or sign advertising what's being sampled?

I can bring 3 cobra taps with me without a problem. I also can bring 5 faucets & shanks to use if someone wants to bring beer line & ball lock connectors.

I'm packing up 13 month old Apfelwein in 2 liter bottles and shipping it out on Monday.

I've got a (small) package of beer line, and some ball lock connectors. Only a couple, but if needed we can "rob" them off of the kegs I have them on. I have NO gas line and only one ball lock gas QD (for that cartridge thing, but we can use it for regular dispensing, too).

Please feel free to correct or add to this talley:

Kegs: 5 (2 from yooper, 2 from brewtus, 1 from me and BrewWench, Did I miss ollllo? Is ClayOfToday still in for one? anybody else? Plus Ed's apfelwein but I guess that doesn't need the gas.

Cobra taps: 8+

CO2 supply: for 4 kegs (5# tank with 3 lines plus Yooper's cartridge thing). If anyone has a distribution manifold then we could have even more.

Sounds like cobra taps would be the easiest way to go. Do booths typically have tap list or sign advertising what's being sampled?

I'm good for the keg of EF for sure. I can bring a keg of hefe as well, but from the sounds of it from people who have attended in the past, it may not be needed. olllllo, RichBrewer - let me know your thoughts on this. I'll bring it if I need to.

This is version 2.0 of my Hefe brewed with Tett vs. Hallertau that I normally use so I haven't actually tasted it yet, but the Hallertau version is friggin righteous.

I could probably toss together a taplist sign with chalkboard paint if we need it. I have the paint and some extra casing sitting around... let me know asap if I need to do this as I won't be back home until Sunday and I'm leaving Friday morning for NHC so I'll only have a few days to put it together.

I'm good for the keg of EF for sure. I can bring a keg of hefe as well, but from the sounds of it from people who have attended in the past, it may not be needed. olllllo, RichBrewer - let me know your thoughts on this. I'll bring it if I need to.
Last year we had more than enough beer. I don't think we blew any of the kegs. It sounds to me like we have enough beer for the club night.

I'm flying in so I'm limited on what I can bring. I can pack a few small items if needed so let me know if I can help out.

I'll be doing the Bourbon tour as well. It would be great if we could get a few more people to go!

This is version 2.0 of my Hefe brewed with Tett vs. Hallertau that I normally use so I haven't actually tasted it yet, but the Hallertau version is friggin righteous.

You must bring it!!!!! If you bring it, they will come!

I gotta get me some of that EF. I am not bringing my keg - almost tapped out - but I will see if I can get a growler full of mine over there.

BTW, if it turns out anyone needs something for club night on their tap set up (missing/failed parts), give me a call before I come up. I have buckets of spare parts just laying around. Ed has my cell phone number and it will be on the list.

I gotta get me some of that EF. I am not bringing my keg - almost tapped out - but I will see if I can get a growler full of mine over there.

I wasn't very happy with this batch of EF when I last tasted it. My efficiency was very high and the last sample I took a couple months ago when I racked it to secondary was a bit alcoholic and it really took away from the roasted/chocolate/coffee notes that are usually present. Hopefully it's toned down a bit with time and will end up ok.

Nope. I put Apfelwein in three 2 liter club soda bottles with Carbonator Caps. 6 liters total with 2 porters, 2 IPAs, and 1 bottle of Saint Arnold's Divine Reserve #6 came to about 12 bucks to ship. It's a 25 pound box.

I'll know more when I see the space on Thursday, but if someone local could bring a 25ft extension cord with a power strip, that'd be cool.

Hi, I'm ohiobrewtus' SWMBO and since I'm going to be seeing you all on Friday I thought I could finally post something to introduce myself. I'm looking forward to meeting you all in a couple of days.

Back