Exterior mounted secondary CO2 regs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcaudill

Reaction score
Just curious: has any externally mounted CO2 secondary regulators for their keezer? Reason I'm asking is because I had a new manifold built with 4 regulators each with a wye and two valves built (for 8 total kegs) and trying to fit it in the keezer is going to have some challenges. I'm considering externally mounting the assembly with the obvious downside being I'd have to drill 8 small holes in the keezer collar. On the upside - it would be fantastic to not have to open the freezer to see what the pressures are!

Thanks in advance.

My regulator is outside. My manifold is going to be inside. I don't want to make all the holes plus I don't think it would save much room by the time you have eight holes and a bit of structural room between them.

If you saw how big the regulator assembly is you might change your mind :) A manifold is much easier to orientate. For example - I have mine oriented with a bracket I fabbed up so that the outlets of the ball valves point horizontally. There's no way I can do that with this setup - it's far too heavy and too big. If the lines came into the keezer horizontally it would be no problem. I am very shortly on vertical spacing - my kegs fit tight.

Have 8regs feeding 12 taps +4 kegs carb/conditioning waiting for something to kick adding a couple more shortly (no left hand nipples) I went with a coffin and just cut a small slot and ran mine in a bundle through the lid. Oh yea 2 of the taps are on a mix of Nitrogen/CO2 off a blender.

Back