Brew House For Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navionjim

Reaction score
hate to do it but I have to sell it. I have more than what’s listed here If anyone is interested.

Anyway the Brewery is a mobile unit built on a steel frame with wheels. All three tuns, hot liquor, mash, and kettle are made from SS Sanky beer kegs and fitted with ball valves and wells for Ashcroft thermometers. Everything is hard-lined except the hose from the counterflow chiller to whatever fermenter you’re using. (I always used 20 gallon white poly drums.)

All three tuns have 175,000 BTU burners, and all gas controls, (actually all the controls) are mounted on a central front mounted panel. There is an on-board water filter and supply lines to all three vessels, the top center tank has a sight glass and is for hot liquor which gravity feeds the left lower mash tun.

The mash tun has its own 110 VAC pump for recirculation (vorlof) and a 175,000 BTU burner for use in RIMS or step mashing and for transferring wort to the brew tun (kettle). (I also use it to hit strike temp before doughing in the goods) The mash tun is fitted with a hinged SS perforated-plate false bottom and SS lines to the lower outlet valve. All lines outside the Tuns are copper, all those within are ½” SS.

The brew Kettle has a separate 110 VAC recirculation pump (hot pump) for whirl pooling the finish hops and transferring the hot wort through the counterflow wort chiller which is mounted behind the control panel in the center of the system. The entire system is designed to be self cleaning using re-circulated boiling water or the chemical of your choice. The mash side is separated by a central ball valve so a second mash can be run while the brew kettle is in operation. I always used 90 minute mashes and 90 minute brew cycles. So one ½ barrel keg can be brewed in 3 hours and another one every 90 minutes thereafter, for as long as you want to keep it up.

This system has only been used once in the last five years but before that I brewed about three times a month. I’d want to clean it up and cycle some one-step through it before I passed it on. I also have a half dozen or so “corn cans”
aka Pepsi Syrup SS Kegs and the tap fittings, gas bottles, regulators etc for the tap system. For that matter I have every tap head from Golden Gate to Sanky. A brand new bracketing thermostat system and taps and tower for converting a chest type freezer to a kegerator. Then there are a couple of boxes of brewery and yeast culturing equipment. A professional refractometer, A 300X lab microscope with slides and cover glass. Several hydrometers boxes of test tubes and on and on.

There is also a SS distillation tower which I purchased from accompany on-line as well as a small one from Still Spirits from New Zealand. It would take a pick up to haul all this stuff and I’ll have to figure out what it would cost. I have well over $1,000 into the brewery alone but would consider an offer in any case. Let me know if your interested in any or all of this.

Navionjim said:
So one ½ barrel keg can be brewed in 3 hours and another one every 90 minutes thereafter, for as long as you want to keep it up.

music to my ears

jlinner said:
We should brew sometime.... :mug:

Definately.
I'm in the process of building my dream AG system and I could use some feedback. The plan is to make the brewing equivalent of an outdoor kitchen.

When I'm on a roll, I brew about twice a month... I haven't been on a roll lately... I drink beer more often than that.

Back to the topic at hand...

I've never heard of cornies referred to as "corn cans". Anyone else?

Send over some pictures of you system, I would like to see it. We brew about 6 to 8 times a month and now that should go up a ton due to the new system.

We need to brew more because we drink it all.... :cross: :drunk:

Dude said:
Please let it be in Virginia! ;)

Sorry to be so long in replying, I have been in the cultural Mecca of the Western hemisphere, Shreveport La for the past few days thanks to my damn job. But to answer all of you, I am not in a location thats much better, HOUSTON TEXAS. Believe me this is not my preferred environment. I am an Oregonian and this system was built while I was living in Portland Oregon which I maintain to be the best place to live in the world, so long as you don't mind rain.

jlinner said:
Send over some pictures of you system, I would like to see it. We brew about 6 to 8 times a month and now that should go up a ton due to the new system.

Now I hate to express my ignorance, but just how do you post a picture on this site?

Navionjim said:
jlinner said:

Now I hate to express my ignorance, but just how do you post a picture on this site?

You can post it to a hosting site, like photobucket. Then, click on the tools right above in your reply area, and one of the tools is "insert image". Paste in the URL of the photo.

I am interested in scaling up from 5 gallon batches. Please send me more information on your brew house and let me know where you are located.

you can email me at [email protected]

Just out of curiosity would you only let it go as a package deal or would you sell it piece by piece? I'm nowhere near Houston so I'm basically just asking out of curiosity.

Because I'm such a nice guy (and out of amazing curiosity) I went to the meat board and looked at the thing. Then I DL'ed it and hosted it for everyone to see:

attachment.jpg

carnevoodoo said:
Because I'm such a nice guy (and out of amazing curiosity) I went to the meat board and looked at the thing. Then I DL'ed it and hosted it for everyone to see:

attachment.jpg

MY god I'd forgotten I'd even posted on this site. My sincere apologies to anyone I've offended. There were a couple of sincere sounding inquires early on but alas no one ever materialized at my door. Then I ended up in the hospital for some necessary surgery and have only recently gotten back up and around. All that aside the brewery is still in my possession, still pretty dirty too. I have made no effort to clean it up as I thought I would due to my condition and other projects that have required my time. But if anyone is still interested I invite you to contact me directly at either my other forum:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=40754

And PM me. My user name is Navionjim and the brewery is also my avatar.

Or you may contact me directly@

[email protected]

Please put the word brewery in the subject line so I will know it is not spam.
Serious inquires only please, this item is large and heave shipping is probably not possible, or at least I'm not willing to attempt to package and haul it. There is a minimum bid on the brewery so consider that when making an offer.
Ice Bait and Cold Beer,
NavionJim

joshpooh said:
Just out of curiosity would you only let it go as a package deal or would you sell it piece by piece? I'm nowhere near Houston so I'm basically just asking out of curiosity.

Short answer, NO

Do you have a grain mill and a SS fermenter also?
I live in San Antonio and might be making a trip to Houston next week. What part of Houston are you in?

Still have the plane Jim?
Nice system, materials alone not counting labor and thinking it out before building it must be added to the total picture. Your system adds to my ideas on a system, thanks. Take care plus a speedy recovery.

BrewBeemer said:
Still have the plane Jim?
Nice system, materials alone not counting labor and thinking it out before building it must be added to the total picture. Your system adds to my ideas on a system, thanks. Take care plus a speedy recovery.

Jim works for a Aviation Co. in Houston & is doing well, I bought his brew rig, I have been have been brewing with it for a few months now. Just made a with it last weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
slick set up... funny though, and of course I'd notice... Your poor 3 tier gravity fed system in the background. Now, obviously, the red-headed step child. Forced to endure brew sessions only as an observer that once it enjoyed as the center of attention with you. Instead the affection goes to the shiny new kid on the block. ;) Grats on the setup!!!

SuperiorBrew said:
Jim works for a Aviation Co. in Houston & is doing well, I bought his brew rig, I have been have been brewing with it for a few months now. Just made a video of a brew session with it last weekend.

You went, quite literally, from one end of the country to another to buy his brew rig??? I'm impressed. And jealous.

Edit: Oh, and exactly what ARE your plans for that "red-headed stepchild"???

I have a business in Houston and get down there about once a year, so it was only 30-40 miles out of my way.
The red headed step child will be headed for ebay & or the classifieds in the spring. I want to brew a batch in it and take some pics of it in action.

SuperiorBrew said:
The red headed step child will be headed for ebay & or the classifieds in the spring. I want to brew a batch in it and take some pics of it in action.

don't forget that I'm fairly close to you distance-wise and would love to see that thing in action!

SuperiorBrew said:

Um, my earlier post was kind of a hint, there, dude;)

Bernie Brewer said:

Hey! I have an idea! Bernie, you come to visit me, and we'll go over and see Superior's stuff! What do you think Superior? Can we invite ourselves over? We'll bring beer............................:D

Bernie Brewer said:

I know, My parents come to visit about once a month (except in the winter) and they probably drive pretty close to you they could always meet you somewhere if you make me an offer I cant refuse :D
I have a pile of stuff I want to unload, I figured in the spring I would drag it all out and take some good pics and send it all down the road.
Where are you again, I seem to remember either the Green Bay or Fon Du Lac area?

YooperBrew said:
Hey! I have an idea! Bernie, you come to visit me, and we'll go over and see Superior's stuff! What do you think Superior? Can we invite ourselves over? We'll bring beer............................:D

Sounds like fun, maybe a North Woods spring time group brew

Back