Carbination

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnh2atl

Reaction score
First I tend to worry more than I should but with that said I am worried about a Wit that I just bottled yesterday. I normally bottle one bottle in a used plastic coke bottle so I can see how things are progressing. I don't fill it all the way to the top then squeeze the sides to get the beer to the top. That way it gives a better indication of how well the pressure is building. Well it is already back to its normal shape and it has a fair amount of pressure in it. My concern is will it over carbonate? I used about 3/4 cups of sugar for what turned out to be 9 six packs (just over 5 gallons) and it is in my basement at about 75F.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or experience you have had. Being my 5th batch I don't have a whole lot of experience to fall back on.

Thanks,

Nick

I agree not to worry. But if you are worried, you might store the bottles in a plastic tub in case you do have any breakage or leakage.

Back