Specific Gravity of Fruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cimirie

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I could find a chart for the the specific gravity of fruit?

I'd be handy to have overall, but specifically, I'm looking for peaches. I know I've seen a list a few years ago but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere online.

Help???

you can try and use a refractometer to test the fruit juice if you have one. If your using canned or packaged, the grams of sugar are on the package from which you can calculate sg contribution...

This topic comes up often. An old magazine Brewing Techniques has an article on this, but it can't be found online. I just e-mailed Gary Spedding who authored the original article and asked if he would be willing to provide more information on this topic. If he responds, I will post the information here at Homebrewtalk.

This topic comes up often. An old magazine Brewing Techniques has an article on this, but it can't be found online. I just e-mailed Gary Spedding who authored the original article and asked if he would be willing to provide more information on this topic. If he responds, I will post the information here at Homebrewtalk.

Did he ever get back to you?

Back