What is growing in my Chinooks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking they are mushrooms. I guess I have never seen mushrooms at day 1. If you look closely the top is flat and really thin. It feels like a leaf. That is why I thought it might be some kind of flower or plant instead of a mushroom.

Look like some kind of mushroom to me. I'd probably pluck them and toss them right there they will turn into some food for your hops.

Looks like little drink umbrellas to me? I dont think that is where they come from usually though

cocktail umbrellas are growing!...I bet after a couple more years and a stronger root system you will be growing Margaritas!

Those toadstools are just hitching a ride on your compost. No worries....either leave them be or if it makes you feel better, cultivate them out and let them lay. As a previous poster said, they'll just break down and make more food for the hops. If it helps you relax, remember that people who have hops, but don't want them, classify the plant as a noxious weed. These things do not have to be babied.

Back