eBay Stainless Conical for cheap!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curt656

Reaction score
The price is great but I only see 1 available for that price.
Looks like a knockoff besides the boxes in the background
look like Chinese or some other out of country cardboard.
Future replacement parts being available may be a problem, feel lucky
and able to make modifications if they are needed to keep it working
a DIY person then it would make a affordable conical.
Maybe they are testing our market and if they sell a rush of them will come
into the country. Blichmann with their crazy high prices better look out.

I'd say go for it. it has standard fittings and parts. Nothing funky about it. Hell, it is a better design than the Blichmann, in one respect, The stand is a stand alone unit. This is a nice feature for cleaning, you can remove the fermenter. S.

That seller has them available quite frequently. I think there may even be some owners on this site - might be able to find some feedback on them.

:mug:

Questions; are they available in larger volumes like 13+ for 10 gallon batches and 18+ for 15 gallon batches?

The 14.5 gallon Blichmann I've been told will hold 14.5 gallons to the brim before adding cover and clamp, totally useless for a 15 gallon net volume after a couple trub and yeast dumps. Blichmann's next handy size up is 27 gallons a way oversized monster before looking at the crazy additional asking price of it. Try fitting it in your spare frig. Maybe these 27 to 42 gallon Blichmann's are for the Jay Leno club he belongs to, "the more money than brains club and he's the club president". That he has said numerous times on his Late Night Show. I bet he's worth a few bucks.

This would be a good time to hear from other members on this new affordable conical besides the availability and price if they came in different gallon capacities.

Blichmann at 7, 14.5 then to a 27 then add their extra high high dollar dome to get 42 gallons capacity from a 27 gallon conical is just a cheap quick fix for a already high profit item.
Blichmann has priced themselves out of my shopping list.

Is the seller from PA??? If so I think there are some folks on here that have them and said good things. I'll have to do a search, but I asked about them several months ago.

I have one from that guy. It's not bad. Can't beat the price. Don't use it much. Doesn't fit in my fridge for optimum fermentation temp control. Don't waste your time/money on his HLT's. Paper thin junk. Sent mine back!

Not Good. They rust and leak. At least the ones I have seen in person. He mislead people by saying "These sell for $535 at homebrew stores" They do not sell these at homebrew stores. They sell much better American made models at homebrew stores.
Ten foot pole...FWIW

Forrest

Golly...if only there were a home brew store that would sell a goody bag and give the chance to win a 7 gallon conical.....I'd pay....$7 a ticket for that. Even if it did only come with a free shipping coupon.

Not Good. They rust and leak. At least the ones I have seen in person. He misleads people by saying "These sell for $535 at homebrew stores" They do not sell these at homebrew stores. They sell quality American made models at homebrew stores.
Ten foot pole...FWIW

Forrest

Now, Now, Forrest, Stainless rusts, American made or not, if not properly taken care of. You may be right, but your the one looking the fool. Call it a conflict of interest. I don't want to be a prick, but I respect you enough to let you know before it gets out of hand. Peps need to find out on their own. Regards, S.:drunk:

I have one it has never rusted and it never leaked. The fitting are stainless and so are the ball valves.

My only concern is that the rubber gasket around the lid cracks easy but that is a minor issue.

I have one that was sold by this seller a year or so ago. Never any rust the welds are nice and all the fittings are SS. The lid is very thick as is the conical itself. I am happy with it but it was more expensive when I bought it as the design is somewhat different maybe a new jobber

CONICAL.jpg

I bought 10 of them and had some problems. It looks like it is a new design so I hope the problems have been fixed. If you bought one you are happy with I am glad.

I wasn't saying you should only buy one from me. Just from experience, I had problems with mine.

As a store owner I probably should not have said anything. I was just trying to help.

Forrest

I bought 10 of them and had some problems. It looks like it is a new design so I hope the problems have been fixed. If you bought one you are happy with I am glad.

I wasn't saying you should only buy one from me. Just from experience, I had problems with mine.

As a store owner I probably should not have said anything. I was just trying to help.

Forrest

Thats why we love you Forrest. Well, at least I do. S.

Back