So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally brewday..
I'm brewing ESB with a lot of E. Kent Goldings and Fuggle.. can't wait to taste it.

Brewing a slightly modified version of EdWort's Haus Pale ale this weekend. I've been tinkering with the grain bill for 4 or 5 batches and this time I'll be subbing Victory for the Vienna.

Just doughing in for my double decoction of a Bohemian Dunkle today....Making beer at 630 in the morning...Yeah baby!!!!

Tried that once, but somehow I can't brew without drinking at least a couple homebrews and ended up tanked by noon.

Good luck! :tank:

Hopefully ill be brewing 10 gallons of BM's Centennial blonde this weekend. We'll see if there's time, the honeydo list is pretty long this weekend.

This weekends supposed to be in the 60s here in cincy- so will be doing crap around the house today and brewing an APA tomorrow!

12-2-12 edit: Got the mash going right now! :) Just wish it wasnt raining!

Mashing grain for an IPA right now. All Columbus and Cascade for the hopping, 11 oz total. Should be nice.

I'm brewing a Chocolate Maple Porter. Also transferring my Christmas Ale to a keg for conditioning and racking my Belgian Black & ESB to secondary.

Brewed a milk stout this morning. Pitched yeast and was done cleaning up by 8:10 - yes 8:10 AM :mug:. Couldn't sleep, so I got up at 4 and got going. Was going to do it during the Bears game, but now I can watch.

Spent yesterday on a surprise Christmas party at the LHBS and setting up a Nut Brown Ale (the recipe from Radical Brewing) which turned into an Imperial Nut Brown Ale once I'd added a bit of homemade caramel and doubled the biscuit malt intake.

Third brew yesterday afternoon. First one that used unhopped LME, so required the full boil with finishing hops. Fun time brewing in the garage with the heater going. Looks like an all-grain recipe for whatever my next brew will be. Woke up this morning to the Cream ale at 68 F and bubbling nicely through the blowoff tube. :)

Third brew yesterday afternoon. First one that used unhopped LME, so required the full boil with finishing hops. Fun time brewing in the garage with the heater going. Looks like an all-grain recipe for whatever my next brew will be. Woke up this morning to the Cream ale at 68 F and bubbling nicely through the blowoff tube. :)

Who needs a clock when you've got that friendly, periodic bubbling?

Who needs a clock when you've got that friendly, periodic bubbling?

Almost true. Fella needs to keep tabs on when the Packers kick off, and that requires a clock. :D

I did make a change this time. Our water is so soft (about 20-25 PPM total hardness) that I added 1.5 tsp of gypsum to the boil this time. Could be that jump started the fermentation.

I brewed ESB on Saturday.
Added lot of E. Kent Goldings and Fuggles at last 5 min.. I hope it will be delicious.

New manifold doing a Hop Bursted Rye IPA w/ 10oz hops from 20-0 mins and 3# of rye and a Belgo Rye Pale Ale fermented with wlp530. Smoking a brisket while it all goes down, gonna be a fantastic day!

So today was the first beer Ive made since Spring, damn it felt good. Used all breiss 2 row 8% varied crystal malt,all fuggles( I know its hated by many) and wlp060. Sample tasted really nice,my mash was not what I intended, I used too little mash water so I added and had 140 deg mash temp for 40 min but ended up doing a long mash and boil. New bubbler toy for aerating also.Great brew day, did a stovetop small double boil for my new 3 gallon fermenter.Hit my marks spot on also, winging the ending voulume,without the trub I only would have had 2 ish but with the trub which I decided to add I hit my 2.5 gallon mark perfect.Pretty amazing I had preboiled some water expecting to either go over or not get enough. Still with that thick trub I think I may only really get 2 gallons worth, thats another thing trying to figure my priming sugar volume before I bottle.

OH! And I decided on a Beach Party Blonde this weekend instead of a Kolsch.

Ended up changing last minute to: Beagle Hound Rysing Sun Pale Ale from Beersmith.

Beer looked good and I ended up topping up and hit OG exactly.

Was a fun day for all. Lots of good beers and BBQ for all that made it. :rockin::)

Definitely 5-gal of Citrus Saison, but if my online orders show up I'd love to double batch and brew a Best Bitter using the last of my Golden Promise, Northern Brewer, and either Willamette or Belma.

I haven't brewed in 5 months, and I get the itch almost every week. Then I look at my equipment and my checkbook and I just cannot bring myself to it.

I got a recipe from BMW for what i thought was a New Belgium Fat Tire clone, but is in fact a Flat Tire recipe, so i'll be brewing whatever that is. I hope it turns out good, but in the end it will be beer so it will be good.

I'm doing a fat tire clone this weekend for my buddies wife who will be visiting next month. I'm also planning on doing a batch of red rye. Two brothers helped me with a clone similar to their cane and ebel which i'm a huge fan of.

Hoping this will be the start of my pipe line. Just kegged 10gal of brown ale, cold crashing 10 gal of porter with these next two batches i should be good for a bit......i think. I have a feeling new years will take its toll on the keezer.

Latest posts

Back