Making My Version Of Brew Magic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrankyBeaverBrewery

Reaction score
I wanted to purchase the brew magic but that price tag of $7000 after shipping has pushed me to just make my own version of it and at 1/3 the price basically..

what my question is to you guys.... Im not gunna get the whole frame for my version but more of a stainless steel food grade table and build off that.. should i be buying 3 burners for this set up ?

look at the forum for DIY projects... They have plenty of examples of people who have done the same of similar. ANd, IMO if you are spending 2300 on a stand, I'd look at going electric.

electric is more cost effective. instead of 15.00 for a brewday's worth of propane it's like a few dollars at most. I know quite a few guys who say it costs them less than a buck. Not to mention it is super cool and different

I was feeling like I was having deja vu then I realized I've already mentioned this to you in your other thread on building your system. Have you checked out theelectricbrewery.com yet?

Also there are plenty of gas vs electric threads on HBT that do a great job articulating it pros and cons of each. Here is a search:

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=&q=electric+vs.+gas+site%3A+homebrewtalk.com&oq=electric+vs.+gas+site%3A+homebrewtalk.com&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=4289l41566l0l42840l47l47l8l5l7l1l623l7602l2-15.5.2.2l24l0[/ame]

Propane isn't $15 per brew day. My $11 cost to fill a standard tank lasts me 3.5 brew days. So $4 per brew day.

I would second using electric based on your location and availability for a brew shed. Outside in the cold and wind, creating wind breaks for the burner, I wish my stand was electric, and may go that route.

If you aren't comfortable wiring electronics around water (I'm not) and have a good place to brew that keeps you somewhat out of the elements, go the propane route.

And to that effect, definitely get 3 burners. If you want to copy the Brew Magic, it is the easier way for the brew days so you aren't moving kettles around. Just have 3 burners, 3 kettles, and your pump.

Why do you need this if you already have 15g blichmans with burners? What are you trying to gain?

I am electric, so I agree. I was just confused with the original post here. Brewmagic units are propane, and pretty much what you already have.

I think he is planing his build and doesn't have anything yet.

Now is a great time to fully review your options before you drop a big chunk of cash on something that doesn't do what you want in the end.

I think he is planing his build and doesn't have anything yet.

Now is a great time to fully review your options before you drop a big chunk of cash on something that doesn't do what you want in the end.

In his "Do I need a Mashpaddle thread" he mentions he already has 3 15g Blichmann's as well as burners.

You are all correct.. i was making the big splash to getting in the brewing hobby and made some nice purchases.. just a bit confused still on somethings..

Awesome, you should post some pics to show off your bling. I love seeing others buys.

I saw in another thread you got 4 conicals too?

I'm jealous...

Let's see them!

Back