November 1st- AHA's Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyangler18

Reaction score
Who's getting something together for the event? I can't participate on November 1st because I have a rugby match, but I still plan on hosting a brew day on either the 31st or the 2nd. Thought it would be fun to keeping a running tally of possible participants on this thread....

Need to think about a recipe, of course! Might be the perfect time to do a Flanders Red that I've been itching to make. :D

I'm doing it in Michigan....I decided to do it at Cap N Cork this year. In fact, although I don't have a yard to brew in, I'm going to spurge and grab a Turkey Fryer this weekend.

The spring brew day was the first I attended, and it was awesome....and many drinkies wuz had by all....:drunk:

For the N00bs who haven't heard of it....here's some info.

TAF-header.jpg

The American Homebrewers Association (AHA) Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day is an international event to introduce people to the homebrewing hobby and establish relationships with local homebrew supply shops.

Each year on the first Saturday in November, homebrewers around the world are encouraged to invite non-brewing and brewing friends and family to celebrate Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day and brew a batch of beer together.

tafthbd05-16.jpg

Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day

I'm doing a little get-together at my house for this. A couple of my friends are really interested in brewing but I do all my brewing at the buttasscrack of dawn and they're not willing to wake up that early, so I'll accommodate their schedules on Nov 1st.

My LHBC - The Lehigh Valley Homebrewers - is having a fairly large gathering at a member's farm. I'm hoping to get out and join them. If you live within hailing distance of the Lehigh Valley, why not join us?

Say, Kevin - what position do you play? I was a fullback until my tendonitis got too bad. :D

Bob

Say, Kevin - what position do you play? I was a fullback until my tendonitis got too bad.

Jason. :D

I'm in the pack- usually play hooker and occasionally strong-side flanker.

I'll be in Wilmington playing our last match of the fall matrix season, but a jaunt up to ye olde Lehigh Valley is certainly within reason, methinks!

Jason. :D

I'll be in Wilmington playing our last match of the fall matrix season, but a jaunt up to ye olde Lehigh Valley is certainly within reason, methinks!

:off:

So do you guys start your matches this way?:D

[youtube]a7apk-Ixuvs[/youtube]

[youtube]PKnUMaR5IkA[/youtube]

[youtube]cle20lQg0Qs[/youtube]

I likes me some pre-rugby Haka action!

Or are you more like the Scottish Haka?

[youtube]NaJSGky4F4U[/youtube]

We're getting together with the Fraternal Order of Eagles for a brewout. All proceeds will go to the Children's Burn & Trauma Camp Courage.

BrewDay.jpg

DAMMIT! I knew it ended with -on or -in. Sorry, dude! How about I just call you "Jim"? :D

Oh. One of those. ;) One of my dearest pals, with whom I've lost touch over the last few years, was hooker for our side when I played for Fort Bragg. Massively powerful bloke, head like a concrete block.

Wish I could offer you a rugger match to watch!

Oh, Revvy -

Thank you for posting the coolest stuff from the best damn rugby side in the entire universe!

Whiti te rā, He!

RUGBY= Elegant Violence!
Used to play in college. Loved the sport, but my knees, back, and neck say different now. I think the best thing about Rugby, was the parties after the game. Anyway enough thread hijacking.
sign_hijack.gif.

Gotta work so won't be brewing, but I have two friends who are interested in learning so I hope we can get a day together to get it done.

Back