Kombucha elixer for morning after too much homebrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porcupine73

Reaction score
Hm I've noticed if I have too much homebrew in the evening, in the morning I feel slightly dizzy. No headache or anything and actually feel energetic, but just a little bit off or lightheaded. So if I down one or two bottles of kombucha within maybe 20 or 30 minutes that feeling is completely gone. Could kombucha be a good elixer for the morning after?

Haha good point! Maybe what his wife was brewing wasn't kombucha after all?

It's still been working pretty good for me. If you really overdo it on the alcohol it can't completely erase that, but it still seems to help - a lot.

Fear not, friends... rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated! :cross:

I did find occasion to test the kombucha theory under appropriate conditions and found that there indeed seemed to be a quick and noticeable reduction in that annoying lightheaded feeling after consuming approximately 12 oz. of homemade kombucha.

However, since correlation does not prove causation, I will have to repeat the experiment with consistent results to say for sure that it is an effective remedy.

I will try to make a more timely follow-up!

Hey glad to hear you're OK and thanks for the report back! Yes more research, I agree. Sometimes I find one bottle doesn't quite do it, but two bottles is pretty effective. Drinking gruited kombucha before drinking the alcohol seems to make it more intense.

Latest posts

Back