CO Breweries & Corny Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wherestheyeast

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can get your corny keg filled by local (Fort Collins, CO) breweries?

We've been drinking a ton of ODell's St. Lupulin lately!

Why not just call them and ask?

My guess would be no, they'd want you buy sanke kegs full of their beer. If you're buying commercial beer anyway, why not just get the proper fitting for your kegerator setup and do it the easy way?

Yes, many CO breweries will fill cornies. It usually takes them a day to do it, but it shouldn't be an issue. Just call and ask.

Also, you typically can only find 90 Shilling or Easy Street in a sanky keg. Believe me, if I could find St. Lupulin in a keg, I'd be all over it.

Had lunch at Gravity 1020 (at Fort Collins Brewery) the other day and decided to ask the bartender if they would/could fill corny kegs (or soda kegs, or homebrew style kegs). He had absolutely no idea what the hell I was talking about! I understand that the average person knows little about homebrewing, but a bartender? At a micro-brewery?!

Oh well.

So were you able to get O'Dell's to fill your corny? Just got my kegging system up and running and was wondering the same thing.

Peaches don't come through very well in beer, definitely up the quantity.
ha2.jpg

Not to bump an old thread, but I am wondering the same thing about microbreweries in the Denver Metro area. Anyone know if they will fill corny's?

Back