Chinese Rice Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onihige

Reaction score
I found this in a magazine ages ago, thought I'd share it.

7.5 kg of brown rice
7.5 kg of honey
25 liters of water
30 oranges
Yeast and yeast nourishment

Mix the rice and the water, let it sit for three weeks and stirr daily. After three weeks, boil the rice for 10 minutes, five minutes into the boil you add the orange peals. After the boil you add the honey and the juice from the oranges. Pitch yeast and nourishment

Let it ferment for four days, rack into secondary. If you loose too much volume, add more by pouring new water through the rice in the primary.

Let it ferment through and clear it.

Doesn't say how long to age it, any suggestions?

I haven't tried it myself, it's kind of a hefty recipe. 7.5 kg of honey is expensive (and any honey I buy always ends up in mead :p), and I have no idea where to get a bulk amount of brown rice at a decent price.

Oh, this is a translation - so if anything seems out of order, I probably translated it weird.

Do you have the original article; I'll have one of my coworkers translate it.

It's in Swedish, not Chinese. But I do have the original article, somewhere. Though I will study Chinese soon, on an unrelated note. :p

Latest posts

Back