first time extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

400d

Reaction score
hey people, I have one can of muntons nut brown ale with one can of muntons light malt extract...

I want to make a good batch of beer. So should I use the yeast provided with the kit, or something else?

I have a vial of fresh liquid WLP001 (california ale yeast). should I make a starter and use this one?

is it a good yeast for this beer?

The most important part of the brewing process is the yeast, as the saying goes 'yeast makes beer, not brewers'. So if you have the opportunity you should always use a good quality yeast and the generic yeasts in the kits give you no information, so definitely go for the WLP001

The most important part of the brewing process is the yeast, as the saying goes 'yeast makes beer, not brewers'. So if you have the opportunity you should always use a good quality yeast and the generic yeasts in the kits give you no information, so definitely go for the WLP001

thank you, I just wanted to be sure that this yeast (wlp001) is suitable for the style....

now I really wonder what kind of yeast is provided in the kit? there is no declaration on it, and I suppose there should be....

It is probably "Munton's Standard Ale Yeast". this?

Of course, the big question is how old is it and was it stored properly.

It is probably "Munton's Standard Ale Yeast". this?

Of course, the big question is how old is it and was it stored properly.

I got my yeast under the cap, packed in blank silver pack..... no brand, no name....

Back