first brew blues :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o0_Enigma_0o

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have done my first brew or lager and then stored it in a pressure barrel during the second fermentation part.
anyway i left it a 7 - 10 days like the instructions said and it still had no fizz so i started drinking it...

i have since found out that i should have waited 4 weeks before it was ready...

after the 10 - 12th day i put the lager in plastic bottles to try and save the brew and develop a fizz... so far its still as flat as before.... is there anything i can do to kick start the fizz? its been in the plastic bottles for nearly 2 weeks now...
cheers

"pressure barrel" sound like he was trying to force. If that's the case uncap those bottles and put a teaspoon of sugar in each one and recap.

hi guys,,,
I put a 3 oz of suger in the barrel and screwed the lid shut... it dont have any extra pressure bits to it... it just holds the pressure of the brew...
Like i say i tried to save the brew and develop a fizz by putting it in bottles, but that hasnt worked...
could i drop more suger in to the bottles to make a fizz?

i put 1/4 of a teaspoon of suger into a 2 litre bottle holding the brew today, and it went mad...
so i put the lid on and but it back with the others :) I will let you know if it works

Latest posts

Back