Beer estimate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millerz1897

Reaction score
All,

First post and Aloha!

I have a hack website DIY Kegerator Project in there I break out the cost of Bottled vs Keg beer to buy Guinness.

But I'm not here for link spam.

Assuming the equipment was already purchased (fermenters, 5 gallon cans, etc.) What would be the cost of home brewing an equivalent quantity and quality of beer?

I would like to add that figure to the website. Will you help?

Aloha!
If your on Oahu there is homebrew store down close to the airport.
If your spending $110 for a keg, you can buy a kit for a little more than that, and the ingredients for the recipe for under $50. Then factor in your time, you may break even in around 4-5 batches until you decide to go all grain with 20 gallon pots, etc.

Aloha!
If your on Oahu there is homebrew store down close to the airport.
If your spending $110 for a keg, you can buy a kit for a little more than that, and the ingredients for the recipe for under $50. Then factor in your time, you may break even in around 4-5 batches until you decide to go all grain with 20 gallon pots, etc.

Mahalo nui loa.

All,

First post and Aloha!

I have a hack website DIY Kegerator Project in there I break out the cost of Bottled vs Keg beer to buy Guinness.

But I'm not here for link spam.

Assuming the equipment was already purchased (fermenters, 5 gallon cans, etc.) What would be the cost of home brewing an equivalent quantity and quality of beer?

I would like to add that figure to the website. Will you help?

I brew 10 gallon batches (equivalent to around 100 bottles) and buy grains in bulk.

A quality American Pale Ale costs me about $25-$30.

That's about 25 cents per bottle.

Back