Photos from first ONE gallon brew day...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finally have a cooler this size that I would like to convert into a mash tun. I was wondering what size hole did you drill in the side? Also, what size nipple did you use (length and diameter) ? Thanks in advance.

Hmmm... I want to say that everything is based on 1/2". The CPVC is half inch... Without checking, maybe a 5/8" hole? What I did was basically grab some 1/2" CPVC in Home Depot and fit everything there. Then when I got home, I just used my $6 hole saw set from Harbor Freight.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I would like to know how these ~1 gallon test batches converted to 5-10 gallon brews. Were they consistent tasting when they were up scaled or did you notice more bitterness with the hops and what have you?

2011-03-09_20-38-45_468.jpg

I'm digging the color coordinated caps! Nice attention to detail!

Resurrecting this old thread because I'm bored and looking through the photo forum. I dig the stout experiment! I might do that with my next 5 gal batch of stout. Might be cool to do with an IPA as well and using different dry hops, oak, fruit, etc.

Brewing 1 gallon batches seems pretty cool too. My wife and I just had a baby a couple months ago so right now I have zero time to brew. Maybe I can do this so it cuts down on the brewing time and I can stay inside. Or maybe I'm just going through serious brew withdrawal...

Back