MD Spring Brew Day Tasting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, lets get a final count.

I count 98, clap, jezter, adx? that's 20 gallons?

I can bring base grains as I have them in bulk. someone needs to do hops for 4 batches of oktoberfest.

98 - can you do some yeast? step them up over the week and have a big ton of yeasties for saturday?

What time? 10? 11?

Do we want to do any with specialty grains? I'm planning on doing a 50/50 pils munich with very little, if any grains. Anyone else?

Grrr...scratch me for next weekend. SWMBO has informed me that people are coming over that afternoon.

I can totally do yeast....tell me what to go get, and I'll do it tonight with SWMBO...she was busting my balls that "we" (read: I haven't made any beer for her) haven't brewed in forever!

I have to go get yeast to put into carboys to bottle with since I haven't bottled a damn thing since January!

sorry I didn't see this. I'd assume german ale yeast would be fine. i don't think any of us intends to lager yet.

and it looks like enough for 3 batches, unless someone wants to do 10g. I'm only taking 5 due to my pending move in 2 weeks.

Yeast is in hand, I got 2 packages of 1007, MFG Date of 20MAY08, so it's less than 60 days old....starter wort is on it's way within the hour

well gentlemen...status update...

...starters are going...and they look so awesome in my brown New Belgium growlers...with the holes in the screw tops for airlocks

...and I'm about to start bottling 21 gallons of goodness within the hour...I'm gonna be pooped tonight!

honestly I do know anythign about Oktoberfest, other than it tastes good :)

We can hit anapolos home brew and get any extra hops we need!

and Zorn sucks!

Wow,
I've been way out of the loop for some time. Sorry about that.

Can't make this weekend, leaving for an overnight sailboat race in a few hours and then racing until Tuesday in Solomon's.

Have fun and I'll try to catch you for the next one.

tap water is at 74 degrees today, should be great for chilling tomorrow!

starters are doing great too!

I told that other dude to PM you for directions....

I'm hoping I remember where you live because it's not in my PM box anymore.

If you get a strange "help we're lost" call on your cell - its me.

edit: I'm just going to bring my tubs of grain, and we can do as much brew as we want as long as its pils/munich based.

So, how's everyone's beer doing? You know, I forgot to give you guys some bottles to take home to drink...oh well, I'll bring them at the octoberfest tasting

Back