Grain Bags

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barroomhero1234

Reaction score
This is going to be my first PM brew. But i somehow forgot to get grain bags, and my LHBS that has them being over 2 hours away with traffic, i dont really want to head down there again.
So my question is has anyone every used anything else as grain bags. Such as SWMBO, nylons. i don't know. I am just not looking forward of 4 hours of driving to get grain bags. Any suggestions? Thanks in advanced.

Cheesecloth works perfectly fine, just dont expect to be able to reuse it. I'm pretty sure nylons will work also as long as they are clean, but I have never used them before.

Lowe's sells two 5 gallon paint strainer bags for $2.98 and two 1 gallon for $1.98. They are the same thing some LHBS sell for over twice as much. They work great as hop bags too!

Nylons will work. I've used them before when I was in the same situation as you. Always ask which pair she doesn't want first. :mug:

Back