Apfelschorle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boerderij_Kabouter

Reaction score
I just thought I would share a delicious summer beverage with all of you..... an non-alcoholic one (shudder).

Seriously, I am sure there are more than a few on here familiar with apfelschorle but many may not. It is a popular drink in Germany that is simply a mix of apple juice and sparkling water. It don't sound amazing or anything, but it is so light and refreshing on a hot day I can't even explain it.

To make it you will need a kegging setup to force carbonate (I think).

I use a ratio of about 60% juice, and 40% water (tap is fine). dump in a keg and carbonate super high. I set my refrigerator a 38 dF and my reg at 28psi.

This is a cheap and healthy alternative to soda and much more refreshing. At $10 for 5 gallons, it is worth a try.

Cheers:mug:

I used to drink it all the time growing up in Germany. I still do (I like a 50/50 ratio personally). I usually just buy club soda to mix with the juice. Cranapple juice tastes really good, too.

I used to mix fruit juice of interest with ginger ale! I usually just mixed in an empty jug and chilled. That was great over ice!

Now, I am trying to make my own ginger ale and I might try to mix in fresh fruit to see how it tastes. Tis fun :)

I just thought I would share a delicious summer beverage with all of you..... an non-alcoholic one (shudder).

Seriously, I am sure there are more than a few on here familiar with apfelschorle but many may not. It is a popular drink in Germany that is simply a mix of apple juice and sparkling water. It don't sound amazing or anything, but it is so light and refreshing on a hot day I can't even explain it.

To make it you will need a kegging setup to force carbonate (I think).

I use a ratio of about 60% juice, and 40% water (tap is fine). dump in a keg and carbonate super high. I set my refrigerator a 38 dF and my reg at 28psi.

This is a cheap and healthy alternative to soda and much more refreshing. At $10 for 5 gallons, it is worth a try.

Cheers:mug:

sounds great! It's been a long time since I have enjoyed one of those. After carbonating, what do pressure do you dispense at?

non-alcoholic drinks make me a sad little panda.

LOL :tank: You could make Weinschorle with some of Ed Wort's Apfelwein, again 60% 40% with water. Light and refreshing!

Ed- I use my regular serving pressure once it is stably carbed and I haven't been having any major loss of carbonation. ~14psi. I think when I finally have the funds to build a bar, I will have this as a permanent tap because I don't like most non-alcoholic beverages and this is fine to have before work. I have also saved a few cases of newcastle to try bottling it into. If it works well I will let you know!

I do like that one a lot as well. In some places they also mix wine with sparkling water, including Apfelwein.

Kai

oohhhhh :rockin: You rock Kabouter!
I was looking for root beer info for the car show I'm throwing this weekend but I was just thinking yesterday about how much I miss apfelschorle. When I worked at IKA/FKA in Aachen I had a bottle every day (initially because I hate sparkling water and I needed something to ward off the hangovers, but it grew on me)!

Back