Budweiser! A seasonal beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AHammer16 said:
Just picked up a bottle of the private reserve. High alch. content and not half bad. I came in a large champagne like bottle with a grolsch type swing top. I will be using this bottle for a long time.
http://www.anheuser-busch.com/news/2SeasonalBrews_103005.htm
dude, i did too! you beat me to the thread. i was at the super-monster Spec's Liquor warehouse in downtown Houston today, and they were handing out samples. said i missed the Houston Brewmaster by a couple minutes. i liked it. 8.5%. supposidly taken from first wort runnings and fermented w/ ale yeast (what the chick said anyway!)

Yeah It's not bad. It has a unique flavor, not like bud at all. It is darker and has more body. Little bit of a pronounced hop flavor, probably not as much as any one here would like but, more than bud has. Im not too good at describing flavors. Did i mention it is STRONG, it knocked me on my ass. I've got another bottle that i am due to share with a friend of mine who is a big bud drinker. I dont think he will like it though, he complains about all of the brews i have made so far " They have too much flavor" To each his own.

don't waste it on him then! all i had was the little sample at the store, but it seemed smooth. i'm anxious to try it. maybe after thanksgiving dinner?

check the link above and see if it has a distribution area listed. you should have some tasty brews in your neck of the woods though ;^)

I saw those at a Sams Club and avoided although I did think the packaging/bottle looked pretty cool. I just figured it'd taste like crap as they're so accustomed to brewing. Interesting write-up and maybe worth getting one to try but...

AB is also coming out with a Stout. I went to a Busch Gardens in VA and went to their "Beer School". :rolleyes: . So afterwards they talk of this stout they're going to market so I go buy one at their bar. Nasty! If I brewed that I'd think it had an infection. I couldn't believe that was the best they could brew up so figured this High ABV thing would be the same.

according to the link in the first post, they have an India Pael Ale too. i dunno, i just thought the bottle was cool, and the sample was pretty tasty. i buy bud once a year, and it's for the race at Texas Motor Speedway. never, ever any other time :~)

DeRoux's Broux said:
according to the link in the first post, they have an India Pael Ale too. i dunno, i just thought the bottle was cool, and the sample was pretty tasty. i buy bud once a year, and it's for the race at Texas Motor Speedway. never, ever any other time :~)

Boo Tony Stewart!!

My guy is the #6 car Mark Martin, he placed 4th. Not too bad for an old man.

tony's not my favorite, but he's a racer w/ a good story. started w/ nothing and has won at every level he's been in.
i like mark too. hate to see the old school guy's retire. gonna hurt the sport.....

I just read that Michelob has a vanilla, oak aged lager out, that weighs in at 10% ABV. I'd actually like to try that.

At only 10%, I can't imagine that's true. They say it comes with a couple snifters, too...all sounds like marketing BS to me.

Now, to your average Michelob drinker, it might just be like drinking cognac. :)

just what the AB web site says. i hope they are refering to flavor/color, and not ABV.
and of course it's marketing bs. they probably have some blonde babe in a bikini drink'n it on the beach or at a NASCAR race .......

I found a bottle of the Michelob stuff in the store today. Couldn't bring myself to pay $15 for it. Hell, I paid less than that for a bottle of Rogue's imperial IPA (minus the nifty swifters).

Unless someone gets it for me for Christmas, I'll probably never know. C'est la vie. :D

AHammer16 said:
Yeah It's not bad. It has a unique flavor, not like bud at all. It is darker and has more body. Little bit of a pronounced hop flavor, probably not as much as any one here would like but, more than bud has. Im not too good at describing flavors. Did i mention it is STRONG, it knocked me on my ass. I've got another bottle that i am due to share with a friend of mine who is a big bud drinker. I dont think he will like it though, he complains about all of the brews i have made so far " They have too much flavor" To each his own.

your friend does not know what good well hell great beer is......sorry if i affended anyone.

(" They have too much flavor" ) thats what great beer is lots of flavor
well cant say much my wife is the same way..........lol

Sam75 said:
I found a bottle of the Michelob stuff in the store today. Couldn't bring myself to pay $15 for it. Hell, I paid less than that for a bottle of Rogue's imperial IPA (minus the nifty swifters).

Unless someone gets it for me for Christmas, I'll probably never know. C'est la vie. :D

What store may I ask? ;)

I went by the store today and came away with nothing. I saw both the Bud brewmaster's special and the Michelob one with the glasses, and jsut couldn't talk myself into spending the money.

Instead I bought a sixer of Brooklyn Brewery's Black Chocolate Stout.

I have one chilling now--so when I get home in the morning I'm going to drink it while I rack the Smoked Porter to secondary.

that chocolate stout is good. a friend of mine is in a microbrew of the month club. he's gotten several Brooklyn offerings. i had a couple when i was in NYC @ John's Pizza (the big old church in time's square). good brews.

DeRoux's Broux said:
that chocolate stout is good. a friend of mine is in a microbrew of the month club. he's gotten several Brooklyn offerings. i had a couple when i was in NYC @ John's Pizza (the big old church in time's square). good brews.

I loved it too--but I think it would be better with some aging. I put the remaining 4 in the closet for a while. :D

BTW....yeah, I'm a sucker. I broke down and bought the Michelob Celebrate 2005 (Oak-aged Dark Vanilla) tonight. It came with 2 snifters (that actually look pretty damn cool now that they are out of the box) and of course the 22 ounce bottle of the beer. I have it in the fridge right now. I cannot decide if I want it tonight or if I should save it for New Years eve, and "Celebrate 2005" That is, THE END of 2005 appropriately.

I know, I said I couldn't justify it--but it was the last one at the store and I think it was destiny. :D

ORRELSE said:
I loved it too--but I think it would be better with some aging. I put the remaining 4 in the closet for a while. :D

BTW....yeah, I'm a sucker. I broke down and bought the Michelob Celebrate 2005 (Oak-aged Dark Vanilla) tonight. It came with 2 snifters (that actually look pretty damn cool now that they are out of the box) and of course the 22 ounce bottle of the beer. I have it in the fridge right now. I cannot decide if I want it tonight or if I should save it for New Years eve, and "Celebrate 2005" That is, THE END of 2005 appropriately.

I know, I said I couldn't justify it--but it was the last one at the store and I think it was destiny. :D

We must have a report on it as soon as it is available. Sounds real interesting to me, I have never had a beer like that.

we all have our weaknesses orrelse ? :~)
hope it's better than the Brewmaster Reserve. if it sucks, just peel of the label and re-use the bottle for a good homebrew!

AHammer16 said:
We must have a report on it as soon as it is available. Sounds real interesting to me, I have never had a beer like that.

I decided to save it, so the review will be at a later date.....I saw some pics (and a taste review) of the beer on the green forum and it looked interesting to say the least. From the description, it sounds like my wife is going to like this one much more than me. Like I said--the glasses were worth it. Gold rimmed snifters with "celebrate" etched in them.....nice for the collection.

DeRoux's Broux said:
we all have our weaknesses orrelse ? :~)
hope it's better than the Brewmaster Reserve. if it sucks, just peel of the label and re-use the bottle for a good homebrew!

Can't even re-use the bottle--its a damn screw-top. :mad: At least the Bud one was a swingtop, right?

Back