Favorite Brewpubs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We had some couchsurfers this weekend (check out couchsurfers.org to see what I mean) from Austria. We drove them to Green Bay today, and we're off to see Willie Nelson tonight.

I've never been a huge Willie fan, but he's 78 years old and I'm not sure how long he'll be touring! But we had dinner at Titletown Brewing Company, one of my favorite Brewpubs in the US and had great beer and food. We had a beer at Hinterland Brewing Company also. Those are two of my favorite places to grab a beer, especially during Happy Hour!

Where's your favorite quick/good dinner with great beer?

Add my vote for titletown. A Hopasaurus Rex growler is being finished off... right now actually. I am a huge fan of their elk burger too. At least I remember it being elk, I think. I am not a hinterland fan though. Not really sure why.

Brown's, in Troy, NY. I've been a over 50 brewpubs, and that's my favorite so far overall. A few come very close though: Great Adirondack in Lake Placid, Trinity in Colorado Springs, Bosco's in Nashville... there's so many great brewpubs out there.

My favorite way to plan a trip is to pick a few beer destinations then plan out from there.

Dragonmead

2 things I love about this thread. The spammer agrees with Revvy and you guys have couch surfers!

I'll totally have fun lunatics come surf my couch once I'm a little bit less of a couch surfer myself.

My fav place in Austin so far is probably Uncle Billy's. Went for a brewery tour a couple weeks ago and had a lot of fun. Got to bs around with Amos (the brewer) for quite a while and try all the beers they had on tap. I had intelligible questions for him but pre-gamed the tour too well. He might remember me as the guy who dry hops his raisin bran with Amarillo at this point. :drunk:

Jack's in Fremont, CA.
why?

1. I live stumbling distance away.
2. The food is really good. Even though they changed the recipe for Bleu Cheese dressing. Yes, I Could tell. So could SWMBO.
3. The House Brews are pretty good ( new brewer helped!!!! ) and reasonably priced. There is even a cask ale special now and then. :)
4. They host Homebrewer events.

We had some couchsurfers this weekend

only things surfing my couch is my fat orange tabby and the doberman.

Willie Nelson was on the radio as a DJ in my town when I was much much younger.
I always have liked him... even before he was a country singer.
:tank:

Dunedin Brewery here in Tampa Bay.

Great beer and great food. Most of the food and sauces use one of their beers in the recipe.

I usually avoid it on open mic nights, I'm just not a fan of open mic, but usually they book good local bands to play.

Most all of the brewpubs I've been to have real good food. Can't say any one or other has been significantly better than the others.

Jamesport in Ludington was real good last time I was there with my daughter.
Bells in Kalamazoo had real good food around Christmas time.
Founders had very nice sandwiches last time I was there and I hear they've gotten even better.
New Holland had a great menu and my choice was very tasty.
Even Hopcat in GR has a nice menu.

We had some couchsurfers this weekend (check out couchsurfers.org to see what I mean) from Austria. We drove them to Green Bay today, and we're off to see Willie Nelson tonight.

I've never been a huge Willie fan, but he's 78 years old and I'm not sure how long he'll be touring! But we had dinner at Titletown Brewing Company, one of my favorite Brewpubs in the US and had great beer and food. We had a beer at Hinterland Brewing Company also. Those are two of my favorite places to grab a beer, especially during Happy Hour!

Where's your favorite quick/good dinner with great beer?

Rams Head, in Seattle! Red IPA is AMAZING!

1.) Magnolia in San Francisco has some good beer, good but not exceptional (and pricey) food.

2.) Brewbakers in Visalia, CA. Not exceptional beer, but pretty good. Worth the visit for the fish and chips and a sampler. Not sure if it's still the case, but they never changed the price of the sampler before regardless of the number of beers on tap. You could have 12 or so 4oz samplers for $7.

The Cape Ann Brew Pub in Gloucester. Sweet Chili chicken wings, awesome! They also make Ghost Pepper wings, (sure to light a fire in your arse). Oh yeah,..their beer is pretty pretty pretty tasty too. They also host a homebrewer night once a month, with tips and techniques for the novice to the more advanced brewers.

I still have some beer left in the growler (enjoying it now!) and I had a great time last night. I had a crappy camera phone with me, but here's a picture to see what I was doing:

willie2.jpg

Yikes, looks like a good way to get shanked. I hope you keep a pistol handy. :)

_

Yikes, looks like a good way to get shanked. I hope you keep a pistol handy. :)

_

Hahaha. No, we do it all the time and have met some wonderful people. I've "adopted" about 6 college kids that I've met and had as guests, and also developed some great friendships. It's not for everybody, but we love it!

Another vote for Hinterland (Milwaukee location).

Also, I've had a couple opportunities to try beers from Vintage Brewing from Madison, WI. Haven't had the food there but the beers are the best brewpub beers I've ever had.

Oh, and how could I forget - Lakefront Brewery has a Friday night fish fry in their Beer Garden, complete with a band playing polka and traditional German music. Doesn't get more Milwaukee than that.

Back