Couldnt wait !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drumm72

Reaction score
well today being my birthday , I decided to put a couple beers from my first batch (ever) in the fridge last night .. So I could do an early sample today ..

I must say it is pretty good !! There is room for improvement (or maybe the aging will bring out some other flavors ?) The beer seems as though it could use a little more lemon zest and maybe some more hop flavor .. And yes it needs to carb up a bit more .. Its(like I said) the first I have ever brewed ..

102_1763.jpg

Sorry for the not so impressive picture .

Happy Birthday! There's two kinds of homebrewers: those who drank the first batch too soon and liars.

Happy Birthday and congrats!

I think you'll feel that everything you ever brew has room for improvement. Personally, even if I am completely satisfied with a recipe I find myself wondering how it would taste with a different yeast strain or hops or base malt. That is why this is the greatest hobby ever.

Man, my first batch was sooo good. I don't think the smile left my face for a couple hours even after the glass was empty. Way to go!

+1. Everyone says you got to be patient. Screw that on your first batch. Yes it would have tasted better, but who can withstand that kind of excitement?! There will be plenty of batches to be patient with. Congrats and happy brewing.

How many days since bottled? I have sampled three of my first in just under two weeks. Reminds me of a take on an old Gary Larson cartoon; "Patience my ass, I am going to drink something!"

Enjoy and Happy Happy!

grats, etc...

On another note.. um, get some clean glasses or I am calling child protective services on you.

haha, My first brew is at 4 weeks in primary and I am bottling this Saturday... I am literally about to crack with anticipation. I've already got 2 more batches in primary to distract myself from worrying about trying the first one. It's beginning to get ridiculous. hydrometer samples are not quite cutting it :)

It had only been bottled for 4 days .. I know be patient lol ..

And the glass was clean when I got it .. That was the second beer while I was making dinner lol ..

The recipe is a Samuel Adams summer ale clone I bought from G&G ..

I have my first two brews fermenting right now. I did back-to-back brew weekends. You bet your ass I'll be drinking them both too early!

I was actually relatively patient with my first batch. 2 weeks primary, 2 weeks secondary, 2 weeks in the bottle.

Opened the first bottle 6 weeks to the day after brewing it.

Opened the last bottle about 24 hours after the first.

The best part about this hobby and the reason it is so addicting is that there is always a high level of anticipaion. I'm just as excited about a new batch in the primary as I was on my 1st batch, I'm just more patient because I have others to drink.

There are also endless combinations of things you can do to experiment with and they all make beer!

Bull

I was (sorta) patient. I waited 10 days before opening my first bottle. However, I had some mead, cider, and another beer brewing before I opened the results of my first batch.

Liars indeed.

I was actually relatively patient with my first batch. 2 weeks primary, 2 weeks secondary, 2 weeks in the bottle.

Opened the first bottle 6 weeks to the day after brewing it.

Opened the last bottle about 24 hours after the first.

And you remember when you opened the last bottle?! Was this a 0.5 gal batch? :D

Back